(In the conclusion of the End Times Sequel, Contributing Editor Corbett details mankind’s future. In past HeartBeat columns, he has discussed events since the birth of Yeshua (Hebrew for Jesus), His Resurrection until the present, the Rapture of Believers and the Tribulation. Today, the Second Coming of the Messiah and a few of WND readers’ reaction.)
While psychics have erroneously predicted the end of time, the Bible is very clear and accurate about the events that must occur before Yeshua (God in the flesh) returns to this earth. It will happen seven years to the day after a peace treaty is signed between Israel and its enemies.
|The Amphitheatre, Petra|
Some so-called experts have speculated that agreement could be the Wye Memorandum. However, there’s no solid foundation for believing that being the “End Times treaty.”
However, one thing is for certain, Yeshua (Messiah Jesus) will first touchdown at Petra, Southern Jordan, according to a detailed study by scholars at Congregation Yeshuat Yisrael in Nashville, Tenn.
Isaiah 63:1-6: “Who is this who comes from Edom (Southern Jordan), with garments of glowing colors from Bozrah, This One who is majestic in His apparel, Marching in the greatness of His strength? ‘It is I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.’ Why is Your apparel red, and Your garments like the one who treads in the wine press? ‘I have trodden the wine trough alone, and from the peoples there was no man with Me. I also trod them in My anger, and trampled them in My wrath; and their lifeblood is sprinkled on My garments, And I stained all My raiment. For the day of vengeance was in My heart, and My year of redemption has come. And I looked, and there was no one to help, and I was astonished and there was no one to uphold; So My own arm brought salvation to Me; and My wrath upheld Me. And I trod down the peoples in My anger, And made them drunk in My wrath, and I poured out their lifeblood on the earth.’”
There’s much confusion concerning the timing of the Second Coming and the
Rapture of the Church. The term Battle of Armageddon is also another event that is often misunderstood. So let’s look at the Scriptures indicating the return of the Jewish Messiah.
The main error about the Valley of Armageddon is that it is incorrectly named. From the Hebrew Har-Meggido or Mount Meggido. Meggido is an ancient city near the Valley of Jezreel. There’s no battle here only a gathering of the Gentile armies of the Anti-Messiah against the nation of Israel. This gathering is very much like the gathering of the Allied Forces in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in Operation Desert Storm.
The armies are gathered and Israel will learn of the passage: Matthew 24:15-16, “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.”
They heed this prophecy and flee to the mountainous wilderness in Southern
Jordan (Edom) to a city called Bozrah. Bozrah is an Old Testament city in
Edom whose name translates as “sheep pen.” The city that closely resembles a sheep pen in Southern Jordan is the ancient Roman city called Petra. It’s a rock fortress that is highly defendable with the surrounding mountains. The remnant of Israel flees Jerusalem as foretold in Isaiah.
Isaiah 33:16-17: “He will dwell on high; His place of defense will be the fortress of rocks; Bread will be given him, His water will be sure. Your eyes will see the King in His beauty; They will see the land that is very far off.”
The LORD will provide for the remnant just as He did for the Israelites during the Exodus from Egypt. A clear passage of the remnants gathering as prophesied by Micah.
Micah 2:12-13: “I will surely assemble all of you, O Jacob, I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together (in Bozrah) like sheep of the fold, Like a flock in the midst of their pasture; They shall make a loud noise because of so many people. The one who breaks open will come up before them; They will break out, Pass through the gate, and go out by it; Their king will pass before them, With the LORD at their head.”
The term sheep of the fold is the Hebrew name for the city of Bozrah. The phrase should read, “I will put them together in Bozrah….” When a city is not well known the translators often usually translate the meaning of the name instead of the name itself. For example, Jerusalem is well known and is usually never “the city of peace” which is what the name translates. The passage that clearly shows the battle which is to take place is clearly written in Isaiah 34:6: “The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, It is made overflowing with fatness, With the blood of lambs and goats, With the fat of the kidneys of rams. For the LORD has a sacrifice in Bozrah, And a great slaughter in the land of Edom.”
Isaiah 62:11-63:4: “Indeed the LORD has proclaimed to the end of the world: ‘Say to the daughter of Zion, “Surely your salvation is coming; Behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.”‘ And they shall call them The Holy People, The Redeemed of the LORD; and you shall be called Sought Out, A City Not Forsaken.
“Who is this who comes from Edom, With dyed garments from Bozrah, This One who is glorious in His apparel, Traveling in the greatness of His strength? ‘I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.’ Why is Your apparel red, And Your garments like one who treads in the winepress? ‘I have trodden the winepress alone, And from the peoples no one was with Me. For I have trodden them in My anger, And trampled them in My fury; Their blood is sprinkled upon My garments, And I have stained all My robes. For the day of vengeance is in My heart, And the year of My redeemed has come.’”
Who could this be? Only the Messianic Person, the only one who is capable to save. The garments are dyed with blood, and not His blood. The blood is from the war with the armies of the Anti-Messiah who have chased the Jewish people from Jerusalem to Bozrah or Petra. The following passage is often thought to be the Messiah’s blood, but it is clear that the Messiah was given glorified clothing at the resurrection.
Revelation 19:11-13: “Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse.
And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.”
Something happens in this city to cause such judgment that it will like that of Babylon a perpetual wasteland. Jeremiah 49:13-16: “‘For I have sworn by Myself,’ says the LORD, ‘that Bozrah shall become a desolation, a reproach, a waste, and a curse. And all its cities shall be perpetual wastes.’ I have heard a message from the LORD, and an ambassador has been sent to the nations: ‘Gather together, come against her, and rise up to battle! For indeed, I will make you small among nations, Despised among men. Your fierceness has deceived you, The pride of your heart, O you who dwell in the clefts of the rock, Who hold the height of the hill! Though you make your nest as high as the eagle, I will bring you down from there,’ says the LORD.”
Jeremiah 49:22: “Behold, He shall come up and fly like the eagle, and spread
His wings over Bozrah; The heart of the mighty men of Edom in that day shall be Like the heart of a woman in birth pangs.”
These passages collectively show that something takes place at the Second Coming of the Messiah. The initial return will not be in Armageddon, or on the Mount of Olives. A summary of the events is as follows:
1. At the close of the tribulation all nations gather in the Valley of Jezreel, near the Mountain of Meggido.
2.The Jewish remnant will flee Jerusalem and run south because the armies of the Anti-Messiah are in the north.
3.They will flee the land of Israel and somehow end up in Southern Jordan (Edom) in the city of Petra or ancient Bozrah.
4. Out of desperation the Jewish remnant will call upon the Messiah while in Petra or Bozrah.
5. The Messiah will return with the great sacrifice of Bozrah. Bozrah will be made into a total burning wasteland throughout the millennial kingdom.
6.The Sword of the Lord will smite the Gentile Armies until there is blood up to the horses’ neck.
7. The movement will be northward to Jerusalem where He will make the victory assent to the Mount of Olives.
8. There will be a gathering of all surviving Gentiles where the Messiah will divide them according to their helping Jesus’ brethren — the Jews. The pro-Semitic sheep gentiles will be allowed into the Kingdom and the anti-Semitic goat gentiles go into everlasting punishment.
9. The Davidic throne will be established in Jerusalem and the earth will be renovated for the Messianic Kingdom that will last 1,000 years.
THE MESSIAH COMES
1. All people of the world will see the Shekinah Glory Light (Mat. 24:30,
Is. 60:1). 2. Initial touchdown of the Messiah will be in Bozrah (Sheep
Pen) also called Petra that is located in Southern Jordan (Is 34:6, 63:1-6). 3. Anti-Messiah will be first casualty of this battle. (2 Thes. 2:8, Hab. 3:13). 4. Anti-Messiah’s spirit is thrown in Hell (Is 14:3-11). 5. Anti-Messiah’s Army continue to fight (Zec. 12:10-13:1). 6. Blood will reach up to the horse’s neck for 200 miles (Rev. 14:19-20). 7. Victory Ascent upon the Mount of Olives (Zec. 14:3-4). 8. The Mount of Olives with split in two. 9. Seventh bowl Judgment is poured out (Rev. 16:17-21). 10. There will be Earthquake in Jerusalem (Zec. 14:4-5). 11. Fifth Blackout (Mat. 24:29, Joel 3:14-17).
GENTILES WILL BE JUDGED (The Sheep and Goats)
This judgment is for all nations (Gentiles) that come against Israel since all living Israel is saved at the Second Coming the living Gentiles must be judged. This judgment takes place in the valley south east of the Temple mount in Jerusalem.
1. Judgments of the Gentile nations in the Valley of Jehosephat (Joel 3:1-3).
2. Separation of Sheep Gentiles from the Goat Gentiles (Mat. 25:31-46).
The Sheep Gentile will help Yeshua’s brethren, the Jewish people, during the Tribulation. 3. Separation of the Wheat and Tares (Mat. 13:24-30). 4.
Parable of the Dragnet (Mat. 13:47-50). 5. Resurrection of Old Testament
Saints (Is. 26:19, Dan. 12:2). 6. Resurrection of Tribulation Saints (Rev. 20:4-6).
SEVENTY-FIVE DAY INTERVAL
1. Seventy-five day period for the removal of the abomination before the restoration: (1335-1260 = 75; see Dan. 12:11-12). 2. They will turn Military Equipment to Farming Equipment (“beat swords into plowshares”). 3. Anti-Messiah (counterfeit-son) and False Prophet (counterfeit-Holy Spirit) cast alive in the Lake of Fire (Rev.19:20). 4. Satan’s will be confined to the Abyss for 1000 years (Rev. 20:1-3). 5. Renovation for the Millennial New Heavens and New Earth (Is. 65:17-25). 6. Establishment of the Davidic Throne (Is. 16:5, Ps. 2:6-8, 1 Chron. 17:10-14, Jer. 33:17-26, Luke 1:30-33). 7. The Marriage Supper of the Lamb (Rev.19:6-8).
MESSIANIC KINGDOM — GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
The Lord will establish a house in Zion.
Micah 4:1-5: “And it will come about in the last days that the mountain of the house of the Lord Will be established as the chief of the mountains. It will be raised above the hills, and the peoples will stream to it. And many nations will come and say, ‘Come and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we may walk in His paths.’ For from Zion will go forth the law, Even the word of the Lord from Jerusalem (not heaven). And He will judge between many peoples and render decisions for mighty, distant nations. Then they will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; Nation will not lift up sword against nation, and never again will they train for war.”
1. Messianic Kingdom General Characteristics (Ps.15:1-5, 24:1-6). 2. House established on a Mountain in Jerusalem (Is. 2:2-4, 27:13, Mic. 4:1-5, Ez. 17:22-24, 20:40-41, 45:1-8, 48:8-20). 3. Millennial Temple will be built (Ez. 37:26-28, 44:1-46:24, Jer. 3:16). 4.Millennial River will begin at the Messianic Temple and flow to the Dead Sea, then to the Mediterranean Sea (Ez. 47:1-12, 47:8-10, Joel 3:18, Zec. 14:8). 5. Millennial Messianic Israel
(Ez. 47:13-48:29). 6. Millennial Jerusalem (Ps.122:1-9, Is. 4:3-6, 33:20-24). 7. Animals will live in peace (Is. 11:6-9). 8. Government during the Kingdom on Yeshua’s Shoulders (Is. 9:6-7). 9. Yeshua the King rule in the Land of Israel (Jer. 33:14-17, 23:5-6, Zec. 14:9). 10. He will rule with a Rod of Iron (Rev. 12:5, 19:15). 11. The King is YHVH — Ha Shem (Ps. 24:7-10, Jer. 33:17-26). 12.There is a Gentile Branch of Government. 13. Faithful Church Saints and Tribulation Saints shall reign with Messiah (Rev. 20:4-6) 14. There is a Jewish Branch of Government. 15. King David will reign (Jer. 30:9,
Ez. 34:23-24, 37:24-25, Hos. 3:5). 16. Twelve Disciples (minus Judas, plus Mathias) will reign over the Twelve Tribes of Israel (Mat. 19:28). 17. There will be Princes of Israel (Is. 32:1, Ez. 45:8, Hag. 2:20-23). 18. There will be Judges and Counselors Isaiah 1:26. 19. Israel will be over the chief nation over all Millennial Gentile nations (Deut. 15:6, 28:1, 28:13, Is. 14:1-2).
ANIMALS WILL LIVE IN PEACE ON EARTH!
ISAIAH 11:6-9: “And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the kid, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little boy will lead them. Also the cow and the bear will graze; Their young will lie down together; and the lion will eat straw like the ox. And the nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child will put his hand on the viper’s den. They will not hurt or destroy in all
My holy mountain, For the earth (not heaven) will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.”
1. Regeneration of Israel is based on the New Covenant (Jer. 31:31-34, Is. 29:22-24, 44:1-5, 44:21-23, Ez. 11:19-20, 36:25-27, Joel 2:28-32, Mic. 7:18-20, Zeph. 3:9-13, Rom. 11:25-27). 2. World Wide Regathering of Believing Israel to the land of Promise (Deut. 30:1-10, Is. 11:11-12:6, 7:12-13). 3. All of Israel will know the Lord. There will be no need to tell a neighbor to know the Lord for they shall all know Him (Jer. 31:31-34).
POSSESSION OF THE LAND OF ISRAEL THAT BELONGS TO THE JEWISH PEOPLE
1. Given to Abraham and his descendants Genesis 13:14-17, Genesis 15:12-21.
2.Given to Isaac and his descendants and not Ishmael Genesis 26:2-5 3.
Given to Jacob (Israel) and his descendants not Esau Genesis 28:13-15.
4.Israel will be a productive land Isaiah 30:23-26, Isaiah 35:1-2, Jeremiah
GENTILES IN THE MESSIANIC KINGDOM
1. Gentile kings will worship the King of Kings (Is. 56:1-8, 66:18-24). 2. Gentiles born in the Kingdom have 100 years to accept the King Messiah or be condemned to hell (Is. 65:20). 3. Gentile Nations are obligated to observe Sukkoth, the Feast of Tabernacles if they do not observe it they will be without rain (Zec. 14:16-19).
ISRAEL’S RELATIONSHIP TO THE ARAB NATIONS (PSALM 83:1-8).
1. Lebanon (Gebal) — will be at peace by occupation (Ez. 47:13-48:29).
2. Southern Jordan (Edom) will suffer total destruction (Ez. 35:6-15, Jer. 49:7-13). 3. The entire book of Obediah is devoted the destruction of Edom (Jer. 49:19-20, Ez. 25:12-14, Is. 34:8-15). 4. Bozrah or Petra will be perpetual wasteland (Jer. 49:13,22, Amos 1:12). 5. Central Jordan (Moab) will suffer partial destruction (Jer. 48:47). 6. Northern Jordan (Ammon) will suffer destruction and possession (Jer. 49:1-6). 7. Egypt (Hagarenes) will experience destruction, dispersion, then return (Is. 19:1-21, Ez. 29:1-16). 8. Northern Iraq (Assyria) will be at peace by conversion (Is.19:23-25). 9. Saudi Arabia (Kedar and Hazor) will suffer destruction (Jer. 49:33). 10. Iran (Persia or Elam) will suffer destruction, dispersion, then return (Jer. 49:34-39). 11. Iraq (Babylon) will suffer total desolation never to be inhabited again (Is.13:20-22, Jer. 50:39-40, 51:41-43, Rev. 18:1-2).
1. Loosening of Satan to deceive after the 1000 years of confinement (Rev. 20:7-10). 2. Final invasion of Israel. 3. Satan cast into the Lake of Fire. 4. Transfer of Authority (1 Cor. 16:24-28). 5. The Great White Throne Judgment for all dead unbelievers (Rev. 20:11-12). 6.There are different degrees of punishment in hell (Mat. 11:20-24, Luke 12:47-48). 7. The Book of Life recording all people ever born (Ps. 139:16). 8. Unbelievers names are not recorded in the Lamb’s Book of Life (Rev. 13:8). 9. Believers names are retained in the Book of Life (Rev. 3:5). 10. Unsaved are blotted out of the Book of Life (Ps. 69:28). 11. The Second Death is Eternal Lake of Fire (Rev. 20:13-14). 12. The Eternal Order — Newer Heavens and Newer Earth (Rev. 21:1-8). 13. New Jerusalem from will come down from the heavens (Heb. 11:9-10, 12:22-24, Rev. 21:9-22). 14. No further Scriptural Revelation past the Eternal Order.
THE SEVEN SIGNIFICANT JUDGMENTS
Salvation has always and always will be by grace through faith. The issue of faith is faith in what. Old Testament Saints faith was different than the faith of those on this side of the death, burial, and resurrection of the Messiah. There are seven judgments that take place during the different dispensations.
THE BELIEVERS’ SINS: 1. Believers’ sin were judged by the sacrifice of the Messiah. 2 Corinthians 5:21: “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
THE BELIEVERS’ SELF-JUDGMENT: Believers should judge themselves and not others. 1 Corinthians 11:31-32: “For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.”
THE BELIEVER’S WORKS: Believers works, not sins, will be judged for gain or loss of rewards. 2 Corinthians 5:10: “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.”
THE GENTILE NATIONS: Living Gentiles will be judged at the Second Coming of the Messiah. Matthew 25:32: “All the nations (ethnos, i.e., Gentiles) will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.”
THE NATION ISRAEL: Israel as a nation will be judged during the Time of
Jacob’s Trouble. Ezekiel 20:37-38: “I will make you pass under the rod, and
I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.”
THE ANGELIC BEINGS: Angels will be judged at the Second Coming Judgment. Jude 1:6: “And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day.”
THE DEAD: All Dead will be judged at the end of the Messianic Kingdom. Revelation 20:12-15: “And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.”
READERS’ REACTION: While Joe Farah and Goldman are flooded with letters, Corbett also received at least 150 e-mails concerning the End Times. Here are just a few snippets from them:
Scott Smith — Thanks for breaking the journalism code of political and religious correctness. For all He has done for our country over its 220 years, our citizenship is so self-centered, they wouldn’t, and don’t, now a miracle from heaven if it hit them in the back of the head. Thanks also to World Net Daily for allowing this to be read. I just pray the ones who need to read it will, and, if nothing else, will make them think for a moment whether they believe it or not. Their future is not as strong as Wall Street no matter how much they think it is.
Jeff Wenzel — What a fantastic commentary, I was deeply moved, and agree totally with your scripture based timeline. I have been doing some research both in the bible and out, from the perspective of a former “cradle Catholic” to a born-again “front-row Southern Baptist.” I believe that the False Prophet in Revelation is none other than Cardinal Francis Arinze, the future successor to Pope John Paul II. If you find the time, go to jvim.com (Jack Van Impe Ministries). I don’t particularly care for either him or his wife, but I find his daily news updates, and especially the message boards of interest. Once in the message boards look for the thread “Signs of the Times,” and then under that heading “The Pope and the end times” (or something to that extent dealing with the Pope).
Ted Moody — It is GREAT to see such information on the news page of the Internet. I hope millions will read and find out how to make heaven they’re eternal home.
Richard Oswald — I praise God for you. No more a voice crying in the wilderness. May the peace and joy of the Lord Jesus Christ fill your heart to overflowing. There is a place for God’s word to go out electronically and challenge and change men and women.
David Van — I want to thank you for writing such a clear and concise article about the future. Not the future as predicted by scientists and physics, but rather, the very real future as prophesied in the Bible — unfolding before our very eyes. These are certainly some exciting and perilous times in which we live.
Dana — Thank you for your wonderful columns in WorldNetDaily. I am particularly grateful for “Bible Scholars Claim Last Days are Here,” and the “The Past, the Present, and the Future” column. I have e-mailed both of these to many, who are dear to me and may not yet know the King of Kings. Thank you for this opportunity to witness.