As I look at this presidential election set for next week, I can’t help think: If only John Kerry waged war this effectively against America’s enemies.
That’s what it seems like to me. It is apparent John Kerry, John Edwards, Al Gore – even the wannabe first and second ladies – are preparing for a scorched-earth policy in the event of a close election.
Increasingly there are hints of violence:
- After four years of insisting blacks were somehow prevented from voting in 2000, Gore told a group in Florida to turn their anger into energy at the polls: “Don’t turn it into angry acts or angry words.”
- When a supporter in Pennsylvania suggested to Elizabeth Edwards, wife of the vice presidential candidate, there might be riots after the vote, the senator’s wife said: “Uh … well … not if we win.”
- The London Guardian, pulling out all the stops in its effort to ensure a Kerry victory, published a guest column last weekend by Charlie Booker who ended his piece: “John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr. – where are you now that we need you?”
- Entertainer Cher warned homosexuals and lesbians they might be rounded up in a second Bush administration: “All the gay guys, all my friends, all my gay friends, you guys you have got to vote, alright? Because it would only be a matter of time before you guys would be so screwed, I cannot tell you. Because, you know, the people, like, in the very right wing of this party, of these Republicans, the very, very right wing, the Jerry Falwell element, if they get any more power, you guys are going to be living in some state by yourselves. So, I hate scare tactics, but I really believe that that’s true.”
With less than a week to go, it’s getting ugly out there.
And this is just the way Kerry and the Democratic Party want it.
They have been allowing this sore to fester for four years. They have persuaded their core constituency that the 2000 election was stolen from them. And they are determined it will not happen again – at least not without a war.
Let me remind you this war is not just a matter of words:
- The Democratic National Committee is organizing a blatantly illegal ballot collection program in Florida in direct contravention of state law.
- The Kerry campaign, like previous Democratic Party presidential efforts, is actively soliciting the votes of illegal aliens and other non-citizens.
- The Kerry campaign is challenging legally the perfectly lawful efforts of the Ralph Nader campaign for ballot position in states across the nation.
- With its lawsuits, the Kerry campaign is delaying – and possibly blocking – the delivery of ballots of hundreds of thousands of U.S. military service people around the globe, knowing full well the candidate’s unpopularity among troops and thus depriving soldiers of their fundamental citizenship rights even while they are risking their lives defending this country.
- The Kerry campaign is preparing for lawsuits in dozens of states across the nation in the event of close election results.
- The Kerry campaign is whipping up its supporters into a veritable frenzy about voter fraud, even while the Kerry campaign itself is perpetrating the fraud.
It seems the only way to prevent those plans from tearing our country apart Nov. 3 is to ensure the election is not close.
Don’t plan on any early concession speeches from Kerry, unless it’s a landslide against him.
Kerry sees this as war – his one and only chance at the brass ring.
Kerry doesn’t mind if America is humiliated before the whole world for its inability to conduct a free and fair election. The only thing that matters to Kerry is victory – victory at any cost.