SPECIAL OFFER: For a limited time, get a FREE copy of the book that has answered countless requests for a concise, reader-friendly yet authoritative survey of the very latest scientific evidence against evolution – namely, “The Case Against Darwin” by James Perloff. Details below.
The theory of evolution and how it should be taught in the nation’s schools – a crucial debate now erupting in divisive controversy in state after state – is the topic of the groundbreaking August edition of WND’s monthly Whistleblower magazine.
Controversy over the exclusive teaching of evolution to the nation’s students has reaching a boiling point, with President Bush now coming out publicly in favor of teaching intelligent design side by side with evolution, “so people can understand what the debate is about.”
Most Americans have been led to believe the evolution debate is a tug of war between science and religion – a view that originated with the Scopes “monkey trial,” immortalized by the mega-hit movie “Inherit the Wind.” In the film, ignorant and near-rabid Christian fundamentalists come close to lynching a courageous high school teacher named Bertram Cates. In fact, in the opening scene, the Christian mob marches to the high school where Cates is teaching evolution, has him arrested and jailed, burns the young teacher in effigy and throws a rock through the jail window, injuring him.
But the movie was pure propaganda. In real life, the teacher, John Scopes, never spent any time in jail, never paid a fine – in fact, apparently never even taught evolution. The whole affair was instigated, not by “Christian fundamentalists,” but by the ACLU, which was eager to challenge Tennessee’s Butler Act that prohibited the teaching that humans descended from lower orders of animals. Although the film depicted drooling religious nuts singing about hanging Scopes’ famous lawyer, Clarence Darrow, from a tree, in real life the townspeople gave Darrow a banquet, with the lawyer later writing that he had “been better treated, kindlier and more hospitably” than he could have imagined.
Ironically, it is only now, in today’s America – 80 years after the famed 1925 “monkey trial” – that the scary specter of censorship and persecution raised by “Inherit the Wind” is actually occurring. Just like in the movie, intolerant guardians of sacred orthodoxy are persecuting high school science teachers. Keepers of the faith – gravely offended at the slightest challenge – insist on unquestioning adherence to the accepted teachings, shunning and persecuting any who dare to buck the established order. Freedom of academic inquiry is unwelcome.
But in a bizarre twist, in 2005 it is the evolutionists who are the agitated defenders of orthodoxy. And it is science teachers – at least those who dare to inform their students of any fact or evidence that tends to contradict or undermine the evolution theory – that are today’s “John Scopes.”
For years, it seems, the press has had a hard time reporting accurately on the evolution debate. WorldNetDaily is breaking the mold with this issue of Whistleblower, which reveals, perhaps for the first time in a journalistic publication, what the controversy is really all about. This issue is guaranteed to provide some surprises and powerful new insights, even to those who are already familiar with the subject.
Highlights of “CENSORING GOD” include:
- “Do we really seek the truth?” by Joseph Farah, on the current challenges to evolution
- “Censorship!” by David Kupelian, profiling high school teachers persecuted, not for teaching creationism or intelligent design, but simply for pointing out bona fide scientific arguments and evidence that are unfavorable to the evolution theory
- “Explosive memo reveals Darwinist strategy for Kansas” by Jack Cashill, showing how evolution proponents schemed to portray challengers as “political opportunists, evangelical activists and ignoramuses”
- “What is ‘intelligent design’?” by Jay W. Richards, Ph.D., in which a top ID proponent provides an in-depth exploration of the subject, separating the myths from the reality
- “Smithsonian in uproar over intelligent design article” by Art Moore, on how a museum researcher’s career was threatened after he published an article favorable to intelligent design
- “5 myths about the debate over evolution” by Robert Crowther of the Discovery Institute
- “400 scientists skeptical of Darwin,” calling evolution theory “the great white elephant of contemporary thought”
- “Hoodwinked by Darwin’s heirs,” in which Jack Cashill shows why evolution theory has attracted so many fraudsters right from the start
- “Darwin defender retracts ‘libelous’ claims” – in which a top evolution educator admits she publicly defamed a parent/activist opposed to evolution-only teaching
- “Are we designs or occurrences? And should science and government prejudge the question?” – a comprehensive and highly insightful look behind the great debate over origins – by John H. Calvert
- “The case for an Intelligent Designer” by James Perloff, a stunning look at how, all throughout history, the vast majority of great scientists have believed in God as the great Designer
- “The evolution matrix” by David Kupelian, an eye-opening comparison of the ways people perceived nature before and after the advent of Darwin’s theory
“I thought I understood the basics of this subject before undertaking this Whistleblower issue,” said David Kupelian, managing editor of WND and Whistleblower. “But I learned so much from this month’s edition – in fact, for the first time I really grasped how political, agenda-driven and unscientific the science establishment can be!”
“There are very few issues as important as the subject of origins and what we are teaching our children about it,” added Joseph Farah, founder and editor of WorldNetDaily and Whistleblower. “What we believe in this area affects everything else, our entire worldview. It affects our religious beliefs, our view of the proper role of government, even our views regarding the sacredness of life itself. For that reason, August’s Whistleblower edition is absolutely a must-read. You simply will not see the evolution debate the same way after reading this issue.”
SPECIAL OFFER: For a limited time, when you subscribe, renew or give a gift Whistleblower subscription, get a FREE copy of the book that has answered countless requests for a concise, reader-friendly yet authoritative survey of the very latest scientific evidence against evolution – namely, “The Case Against Darwin” by James Perloff.
Despite virulent attacks from the scientific establishment against scientists, educators and others who publicly criticize evolution, each year brings increasingly powerful evidence against the theory Darwin originated. And the implications are momentous, because, as author James Perloff says, ever since publication of “The Origin of Species” in 1859, “evolution has been contesting man’s traditional ideas about the meaning of life.”
In fact, says Perloff, “now it’s Darwin who’s on the retreat, as facts from diverse branches of science challenge the theory’s validity.”
ADDED BONUS: Subscribe to Whistleblower today and receive 12 powerful monthly issues, starting with “CENSORING GOD,” plus James Perloff’s acclaimed “The Case against Darwin.” As a special added bonus, for a limited time receive a 13th issue FREE – a powerful exploration of the current Middle East crisis, titled “ISRAEL BETRAYED?”
SUBSCRIBE to Whistleblower. Offer good in the U.S. only, and while supplies last.
RENEW your Whistleblower subscription. Offer good in the U.S. only, and while supplies last.
GIVE A GIFT Whistleblower subscription. Offer good in the U.S. only, and while supplies last.
If you wish to order by phone, call our toll-free order line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266).