- Text smaller
- Text bigger
WASHINGTON – The Mexican government is not just winking at massive illegal immigration into the U.S., it is actively plotting it as a strategy at reconquest of American territories formerly under its control, charges Pat Buchanan in a blistering new indictment of border security.
In “State of Emergency: The Third World Invasion and Conquest of America,” the WND columnist paints a dim portrait of America’s future: “The children born in 2006 will witness in their lifetimes the death of the West.”
The book, scheduled for release Tuesday, has risen to No. 2 on Amazon’s bestsellers list.
“As Rome passed away, so, the West is passing away, from the same causes and in much the same way. What the Danube and Rhine were to Rome, the Rio Grande and Mediterranean are to America and Europe, the frontiers of a civilization no longer defended.”
Buchanan follows Rep. Tom Tancredo’s warning shot, “In Mortal Danger,” with some sobering statistics and new ways to consider the crisis. He states:
- One in every twelve people breaking into America has a criminal record.
- By 2050, there will be 100 million Hispanics concentrated in the U.S. Southwest.
- Between 10 and 20 percent of all Mexicans, Central Americans and people of the Caribbean have already moved to the United States.
- Every month, the U.S. Border Patrol apprehends more illegal aliens breaking into our country, 150,000, than the number of troops we have in Iraq.
“Concerned about his legacy, George W. Bush may yet live to see his name entered into the history of his country as the president who lost the American Southwest that James K. Polk won for the United States,” Buchanan writes.
In addition to charging the Mexican government with plotting territorial reconquest, the former presidential candidate also says elites in Mexico and the U.S. are conspiring to erase America’s borders and merge the United States and Mexico into a “North American Union.”
To avert disaster, Buchanan’s recipe includes:
- A deportation program, beginning with all illegal aliens convicted of felonies and every gang member not a U.S. citizen.
- A 10-year limit on legal immigration to between 150,000 and 250,000.
- Building a security fence along the 2,000-mile border.
Buchanan points out that the illegal alien population of the U.S. today exceeds the total number of Irish, Jewish and British immigrants who ever came to the U.S.
He disputes those who contend illegal immigration has economic benefits for the U.S., saying instead the trend represents a massive drain on the economy.
If you would like to sound off on this issue, participate in today’s WND Poll.