WASHINGTON – Two more cases of gang rapes by illegal aliens are being quietly adjudicated in Wisconsin and California, as activists and social scientists say the crime wave needs greater attention and national debate.
Last month, in Wisconsin, Jose Godinez, 35, who speaks no English, pleaded guilty in the December gang rape of a 14-year-old girl. He faces up to 40 years in prison and a $100,000 fine. He is set for sentencing next month by Rock County Judge Al Bates.
Others charged in the case include:
- Jorge Gil, 19, who left the Rock County Jail on a $1,000 cash bond Dec. 21, 2005, and missed a later court date. A bench warrant has been issued for his arrest.
- Juan P. Rodriguez-Zavala, 21, pleaded no contest July 10 to three counts of fourth-degree sexual assault, amended from party to sexual assault of a child younger than 16. Bates sentenced Rodriguez-Zavala to six months of jail time already served for one of the counts. A bench warrant was issued for Rodriguez-Zavala’s arrest July 28 after he missed a court date.
- Jose Ambriz, 20, is charged with party to sexual assault of a child younger than 16. A not-guilty plea was entered for him by the court at a hearing Dec. 30. The case is pending. A status hearing is set for Sept. 26.
- Mike Espinoza, 20, is charged with party to sexual assault of a child younger than 16. A not-guilty plea was entered for him by the court Jan. 26. The case is pending. A status hearing is set for Sept. 26.
According to the criminal complaints, Gil told a sheriff’s detective he and another man picked up the girl on a Saturday night and took her to an apartment occupied by Godinez and Rodriguez-Zavala. Gil told the detective he and the girl exchanged text messages for about a year and the girl’s messages were sexually explicit.
At least six men or boys stripped and fondled the girl in the apartment’s kitchen, according to the complaint. The men are accused of swinging the girl by her arms and ankles. One of the men or boys bit her lip while she was pinned to the bed and another admitted having sex with the girl without knowing her name or age, according to the complaints.
Meanwhile, in California, four other illegal aliens are facing trial for the gang rape of two women. The men, all in their 20s, face possible life sentences if convicted.
According to testimony at their preliminary hearing last week, Salvador Galindo Gonzales, Armando Galindo Gonzales, Felipe Gonzalez and Nicholas Cimientos raped the women in a Castroville artichoke field on the night of June 3. Castroville is a beach community near Monterey.
Soledad police investigator Thomas Marchese testified the women, identified as Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2, met one of their attackers while they were attending the Soledad Fiesta Days celebration that night. Jane Doe 1 told Marchese that she asked Armando Gonzales to take a picture of her and her friend. He then followed them around the festival, trying to “hit on them,” according to the victim.
At 11 p.m., after the festival stopped selling beer, the women walked to a nearby market to get more, with Armando Gonzales tagging along. Finding the market closed, Gonzales pointed to a nearby truck, which he said was his, and asked if they wanted to go out.
Suddenly, Marchese testified, Armando Gonzales’ brother, Salvador, appeared, put a knife to the back of Jane Doe 1 and told her to get in the truck or “I’ll kill you.” Jane Doe 1 complied, as did Jane Doe 2, fearing for her friend’s life, according to testimony. As they climbed in, two more men appeared, and all six people drove away, heading north on Highway 101. The victims said they were initially fearful for their lives, but after the suspects began drinking beer and joking around, their fear subsided.
Later, according to the testimony, Nicholas Cimientos, the driver, pulled the truck onto a dirt road and drove it to the middle of a field, purportedly to allow the men to urinate. When they exited the truck, Marchese testified, Salvador Gonzales again pulled a knife on Jane Doe 1 and told her she was “going to give it up or I’m going to kill you.” After ripping her clothes off, and with Felipe Gonzalez holding her down, Salvador Gonzales raped and sodomized her, beating her to keep her from screaming. In succession, Jane Doe 1 was then raped by Felipe Gonzalez, Armando Gonzales and Salvador Gonzales again, Marchese said.
On the other side of the truck, when Jane Doe 2 screamed for the men to stop, she was pushed to the ground, restrained and then raped by Armando Gonzales, Nicholas Cimientos and Salvador Gonzales, Marchese testified. The women told Marchese the men then ran to their truck and left. Leaving their belongings behind, the women ran for more than a mile, one of them naked and barefoot, to a farmhouse.
Each assailant faces a sentence of 15 years to life in prison if convicted.
They are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday.
Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, a Ph.D. researcher of violent crimes, told WorldNetDaily, “It appears as if there is a fear that if this is honestly discussed, people will hate all illegal immigrants. So there is silence. … But in being silent about the rapes and murders, it is as if the victims never even existed.”
Schurman-Kauflin, who runs the Violent Crimes Institute in Atlanta, participated in a 12-month, in-depth study of illegal immigrants who committed sex crimes and murders from January 1999 through April 2006. The study found approximately 240,000 illegal-immigrant sex offenders reside in the United States – while 93 sex offenders and 12 serial sexual offenders come across U.S. borders illegally every day.
Schurman-Kauflin said, “Gang rapes by illegal immigrants appear to be gang related. Many of the cases I reviewed involved gang members. As part of being a cohesive group, they offend together. Inflicting brutal gang rapes brings them closer together as a group. It is a way to demonstrate their power. And it sends a message to anyone who dares to cross them.”
William Gheen of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC told WND the cases being reported represent just the tip of the iceberg. Gheen told WND he believes the number of gang rapes is increasing as the population of illegal aliens in the U.S. increases.
“Many illegal aliens have a rape and pillage mentality toward America,” he said. “The government has shown them they can break our laws on many levels without much fear of enforcement. Why should they think of rape or gang rape any differently? Illegal aliens are more likely to engage in these crimes because rapes and gang rapes are much more common in the gang-rule Third World areas they come from.”
MS-13, also known as Mara Salvatrucha, a highly organized and well-funded Central American gang, is infiltrating at least 33 states across the U.S., according to law-enforcement authorities. The gang is well-known in Los Angeles, Houston, New York and Washington, D.C., for excessive brutality. Any person suspected of cooperating with authorities is hunted down, tortured and killed. Initiation rites include kickings, beatings and gang rapes.
Gheen said, “These gangs are forcing new female gang members to undergo gang rape to enter the gang and they are asking their male initiates to gang rape American women to become an official member of the gang.”
MS-13 relies on metropolitan areas with highly concentrated populations of illegal aliens to boost its spreading membership. Chapters require that initiates perform random acts of violence, such as participating in gang rapes, to gain acceptance, confirm law-enforcement officials.
Three MS-13 gang members were charged in the brutal rapes of two deaf girls, one 14, the other 17, in a Massachusetts park in 2002. One victim, who also suffered from cerebral palsy, was pushed out of her wheelchair before being raped repeatedly.
Illegal alien rapists often maintain several aliases, making escaping justice easier.
Jorge Villa-Gutierrez, 25, is in prison for the gang rape of an 18-year-old Douglas County, Colorado woman. He claimed to have paid only $100 for a fake ID and Social Security number.
Manuel Cantu, 28, pleaded guilty in Middlesex Superior Court February 2005 in Cambridge, Mass., to six counts of rape and one count of indecent assault and battery on a person over 14 years old. Cantu also went by the aliases Angel Meza and Angel M. Salvador, according to court documents.
Some high-profile gang rapes by illegal immigrants include:
- December 2002 – In New York, several criminal aliens, who had passed in and out of Rikers and other jails without being detected by immigration officials, brutally beat and gang-raped a Queens mother of two near Shea Stadium. Three of the five rapists were illegal Mexican aliens with multiple prior arrests for crimes including assault, weapon possession and armed robbery.
- January 2004 – Four illegal aliens were among the five men who brutally gang-raped a New York City woman. “They punched me so hard that I was knocked to the floor,” the 43-year-old victim wrote before Supreme Court Justice Randall Eng sentenced one of her attackers, Victor Cruz, to 21 years in prison. Cruz, Luis Carmona, Carlos Rodriguez, Armando Juvenal and Jos? Hernandez pleaded guilty in December to rape and kidnapping charges in exchange for sentences of 20 to 23 years.
- October 2004 – a 37-year-old North Carolina woman was gang raped by at least seven illegal aliens in Huntersville, N.C.
- Oct. 4, 2005 – In Immokalee, Fla., 14 field laborers, ranging in age from 18 to 56, broke into an 18-year-old woman’s home, dragged her across the street and then took turns raping her. The victim said the men choked and hit her until she became unconscious. When she awoke, a man poured alcohol in her mouth. The men removed her clothing and each one raped her.
- June 28, 2006 – Texas’ Waco Tribune Herald reported illegal immigrants Javier Guzman Martinez, 18, and Noel Darwin Hernandez, 22, have been charged with one count of aggravated kidnapping and one count of aggravated sexual assault of an 18-year-old Tehuacana woman. The girl had been cut with a piece of glass or “other unknown object.”
- July 10 – In Sayre, Pa., the Evening Times reported “Gasper Almilcar Guzman” was among a group of men who were found July 10 to be in this country illegally following a routine traffic stop in Athens Township. Guzman had been convicted of raping a 14-year-old girl in Alabama in 2005. Guzman was deported before he could begin serving his five-year sentence.
- July 13 — In Noblesville, Ind., an illegal alien named Miguel Gutierrez, 20, faces two counts of rape for taking a 14-year-old into a garage and participating in a four-man gang rape on the girl. Following the gang rape, the girl was forced into a car and raped again, according to news reports.
- July 17 – In Greenville, N.C., Fernando Cruz, 41, Walter Ramires, 26, Luis Morales, 24, and Pedro Vasques, 27, were charged with first-degree rape and first-degree kidnapping of a woman. They drove the woman to a field path on the edge of town and took turns raping her.
- July 21 – Sinoe Salgado Garcia, a 28-year-old Fontana, Calif., man convicted of kidnapping and raping a 4-year-old girl, was sentenced to a 30-year-to-life prison term, according to the Riverside Press Enterprise. The child was found hours later inside a shed, thrown over a 6-foot-tall block wall, investigators said. She underwent surgery to repair damage caused by the rape and sodomy, court records show. The site reported that she also suffered three facial fractures.
- Aug. 3 – Two young illegal aliens living in Charlotte, N.C., were charged with gang raping an Asheville teenager at the Red Roof Inn. They are 22-year-old Pablo Vasquez Osorio and 23-year-old Marcos Guerrero Fuentes. Both were charged with first-degree rape and kidnapping of a 17-year-old Asheville girl at a Red Roof Inn.
If you would like to sound off on this issue, participate in today’s WND Poll.