- Text smaller
- Text bigger
LBGT – if Ted Strickland is elected governor, these are initials Ohioans are going to learn a lot more about.
LBGT stands for ”Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Gay, and Transgender.” The initials are the code word for those who want to advance a frontal attack against conventional sexual morality and the idea that marriage is rightly constituted as a union between a man and a woman.
The underground current of Ted Strickland’s Democratic gubernatorial campaign is to turn Ohio from a Red State bastion into a Blue State hot-bed of sexual freedom and experimentation.
The Ohio newspapers that have endorsed Ted Strickland have intentionally hidden from the state’s generally conservative readers that their newspaper endorsement stands side-by-side from a wide range of avant-garde sexual freedom groups and pro-abortion advocates who are betting their money that Strickland will win and advance their extremist sexual agenda as governor of Ohio.
Equality Ohio Campaign Fund, one of the most outspoken LBGT PACs in the Midwest, is gung-ho for Ted. Cleverly, Equality Ohio’s endorsement of Strickland suggests that his background as a Christian minister gives him evidently enough ”good sense” to tolerate, if not promote, their aggressive agenda of sexual experimentation with just about every alternative lifestyle imaginable.
As a registered political action committee, Equality Ohio Campaign Fund only endorses candidates the group believes will either advance a LBGT agenda, or at least stand aside while LBGT activists advance their agenda.
Strickland is also endorsed by Cleveland Stonewall Democrats, another LBGT PAC which is part of the national movement to advance the lesbian, bi-sexual, gay, and transgender agenda within the Democratic Party.
Among the types of support Ohio’s lesbian, bi-sexual, gay, and transgender community would expect from former minister Ted Strickland are the following:
- Oppose a resolution introduced into the Ohio legislature to ban lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender individuals or ”families” in Ohio from adopting children or becoming foster parents.
- Oppose an amendment to the Ohio Constitution prohibiting lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender individuals from marrying.
- Support moves by lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender individuals to present legal challenges to any churches that deny lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender individuals from being clergy or lay officeholders in the church while they live in lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender relationships.
- Encourage the admission of lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender individuals to Ohio state-sponsored universities as a measure to ”reduce the bias” against lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender individuals in the heterosexual majority community.
- Support the passage of ”anti-bullying” bills in the Ohio legislature to ”reduce the harassment” lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender students face from the heterosexual majority students.
- Insure that lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender individuals and ”families” retain state-funded social service benefits equal to social service benefits provided to majority heterosexual individuals and families.
All of these issues have been openly advanced and advocated in Ohio by Ohio’s lesbian, bi-sexual, gay, and transgender community as well as by groups such as Equality Ohio Campaign Fund and Cleveland Stonewall Democrats during 2006.
Defeating Ken Blackwell, an openly religious moral conservative is the strong undercurrent of the aggressively activist LGBT lobby in Ohio, as well as nationwide.
In the final days of the Ohio gubernatorial campaign, Ken Blackwell must demand Ted Strickland take a stance on each of these issues. Where does Ted Strickland in his support for:
- lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender marriages,
- lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender clergy,
- lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender adoptions,
- lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender high school students,
- lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender applicants to state colleges, and
- lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender recipients of state-provided social services?
Reading Strickland’s campaign website, we find no mention of his support of LBGT advocacy aims and no acknowledgment of Equality Ohio Campaign Fund’s endorsement and financial support. Why not?
Is Strickland ashamed in a conservative state such as Ohio to openly acknowledge his support of LBGT aims and objectives? In the final days of this gubernatorial campaign in Ohio, Ken Blackwell must demand that Ted Strickland come forward clearly and directly either embracing or renouncing his underground LBGT supporters.
How about the many Ohio newspapers who have endorsed Ken Blackwell? Are newspapers such as the Cleveland Plain Dealer equally willing to come forward to embrace LBGT plans and proposals?
Strickland, a former prison psychologist, is on the record saying he would willingly place ex-convicts in positions of responsibility within the Ohio state government. As ex-minister, would Strickland be equally enthusiastic at placing lesbians, bi-sexuals, gays, and transgender persons within in positions of responsibility within the Ohio state government?
Let’s not also forget that as enthusiastic as Strickland is for lesbians, bi-sexuals, gays, and transvestites, he is also equally enthusiastic for pro-abortion advocates.
Ted Strickland is on record saying:
”I would veto any legislation to further restrict access to abortion.”
Just as he proclaims:
”I absolutely believe that adults should be able to enter into legal relationships which give them legal rights and privileges that are usually associated with the marriage relationships.”
Ken Blackwell should demand that Ohio voters have the right to know if Ted Strickland would also endorse a statement such as:
”I believe that Ohio lesbians, bi-sexuals, gays, and transvestites should enjoy marriage, participation in church clergy, school admission, school participation, and social service benefits equally with their counterparts in the majority heterosexual community.”
Until recently, Strickland’s advocacy of a radical sexual agenda has been relegated to a whisper campaign in Ohio. Ken Blackwell is unjustly criticized for attempting to out Ted Strickland on the truth of his sexual politics. Groups like the Equality Ohio Campaign Fund have left no doubt regarding their intent to make Ohio a battleground state for sexual politics.
Blackwell should demand more than silence and condescension from Strickland on these important issues of LBGT sexual politics.
If Strickland is willing to accept LBGT endorsements and dollars, where does Strickland stand on advancing the LBGT sexual political agenda if he is elected to be Ohio’s chief executive officer?
Mr. Strickland, the voters in Ohio demand a straight and honest answer in the last two weeks of the gubernatorial campaign.