Attention, WND newshounds! As it does every year, WND is inviting readers to submit their candidates for the most “spiked” stories of the year in Operation Spike!
While most news organizations present year-end retrospective replays of what they consider to have been the top news stories of the previous 12 months, WND’s editors have always found it more newsworthy to publish a compilation of the important stories most ignored by the establishment press.
WND Editor and CEO Joseph Farah has sponsored “Operation Spike” every year since 1988, and since founding WorldNetDaily in May 1997 has continued the annual tradition. For the past nine years, WND has invited its readers to join in and submit what they considered the most underreported stories of the past year.
Last year, WorldNetDaily’s “readers’ choice” picks for the 10 most underreported stories of 2005 were:
1. Failure of the 9-11 commission to investigate “Able Danger.”
2. Successes in rebuilding Iraq.
3. Cover-up of David Barrett’s probe of Clinton IRS and Henry Cisneros.
4. The impact of illegal immigration on the U.S. and its security.
5.The truth about Terri Schiavo and her death.
7. The fact that WMDs were found in Iraq.
8. Atrocities of radical Islam.
9. Islam’s impact on French riots.
10. Good news about the economy.
So join in and speak your mind now. All suggestions submitted will be evaluated by WND editors, and the very best will be compiled into a Top 10-style report.