There have been occasions where I’ve been harshly critical of President Bush for any number of issues, especially considering amnesty and many other things, but I do want to take this occasion to tell the president, ”thank you” – specifically for signing the ban on partial-birth abortion in 2003, and choosing Supreme Court nominees who believe being deprived of life isn’t negotiable based on age, economic condition or narcissistic circumstance.

As somebody who is officially designated as ”pro-life” (though I prefer the more accurate ”anti-murder”), I was frankly shocked last week, when the Supreme Court voted 5-4 to uphold the ban on a procedure known as partial-birth abortion – I’m sorry, I mean, ”intact dilation and evacuation followed by nonviable tissue mass dumpster deposit.”

The subsequent and ongoing weeping by those described as pro-choice has made this appear to be the first funeral procession in history where people are mourning somebody who didn’t die. This is one funeral I don’t mind attending.


Can you believe that there are people throwing a fit about a style of slaughtering babies that has been outlawed? These are, ironically, often the same people who want to ban guns because they believe it will lead to fewer kids getting hurt at school. Talk about ”selective caring” – gee whiz.

Keep in mind, however, that we’re talking about a procedure that accounts for around 10 percent of all abortions, so imagine the reaction when the other 90 percent are threatened.

At the time of this writing, Planned Parenthood had this prominently displayed on their website:

Donate Now as Planned Parenthood Mobilizes in Response to the Supreme Court’s Reckless Decision.

I’m sorry, I gave my last few hundred bucks to John Edwards for a style and exfoliation at Pink Sapphire, a place that most self-respecting men would avoid. Edwards, by the way, ”could not disagree more strongly” with the Supreme Court’s upholding of the partial-birth abortion ban. I’ll bet if one of those carved up babies could sue for malpractice, ol’ John would be on board the pro-life bandwagon faster than you can say ”pass the conditioner.”

The politicians, especially those who are 2008 presidential hopefuls, are mobilizing. Hillary’s getting out her ”If abortions are outlawed, only outlaws will be allowed to screw around with my husband” T-shirt. Look out.

Now there is an ongoing slew of pro-abortionists hitting the airwaves and telling us we’ve lost one of the cornerstones of our Constitution (beware the movement that believes tombstones make good cornerstones) while passing slaughter off under the guise of ”reproductive freedom.”

Referring to the killing of babies as ”reproductive freedom,” ”pro-choice” and ”planned family management” would be comical, if it weren’t so tragic. Had Planned Parenthood done public-relations work for the Khmer Rouge, the harsh sounding ”killing fields” would have been renamed a much more pleasant ”Pol Pot gardens” or ”meadows of preference.”

Also, with Mother’s Day approaching, don’t forget to head on over to the National Organization for Women store and get your mom a ”Keep abortion legal” bracelet. Don’t miss this special opportunity to tell your pro-choice mother, via a snazzy piece of jewelry: ”Thanks for not wanting to go to jail if you’d decided to kill me in your womb.” Touching.

The defense of this practice is disturbing, to say the least, especially coming from people like Al Gore who laughingly consider global warming a ”moral issue” and the killing of babies as ”choice.” Perhaps one day somebody will question Al on how he would handle the ultimate dilemma: somebody who wants to drive to the abortion clinic in an SUV.

The upholding of the partial-birth abortion ban would not have happened without Congress passing it, George W. Bush signing it, and also Bush appointing justices who believe in the sanctity of life, so let’s give credit where credit is due. Thank you, Mr. President.

Let’s also remember that we need to continue the trend with the next president.

Many consider somebody who casts a ballot based in great part on a candidate’s stance on abortion to be a ”one issue voter,” but this is about far more than one issue. This is about right and wrong, responsibility, morality, dignity, respect, and human rights. Of all our rights, if there is no right to life, the rest of them don’t matter. It’s not about a single issue – it’s about every issue.


Related special offers:

“Back to the Drawing Board: The Future of the Pro-Life Movement”

Whistleblower magazine: “Ending Abortion”

ENDING ABORTION: How the pro-life side will win the war

“Struggling for Life: How our Tax Dollars and Twisted Science Target the Unborn”

“Betrayed by the Bench”

SUPREME FRAUD: Unmasking Roe v. Wade, America’s most outrageous judicial decision

Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.