The signs are everywhere. Many of America’s top-selling books right now are angry, in-your-face, atheist manifestos. Judges try to outdo each other in banning references to God like the Ten Commandments and the “Under God” phrase in the Pledge of Allegiance. And nearly half of Americans, according to a recent Gallup poll, would be willing to vote for an atheist for president of the United States of America – a nation founded by devout Christians.
In its groundbreaking September edition, titled “THE RISE OF ATHEIST AMERICA,” WND’s monthly Whistleblower magazine provides a powerfully eye-opening analysis of what’s really behind the current atheist phenomenon.
“This is atheism’s moment,” brags David Steinberger, CEO of Perseus Books, celebrating the tremendous success of anti-God bestsellers like “God is Not Great: Why Religion Poisons Everything” by journalist Christopher Hitchens and “The God Delusion” by Oxford evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins. “Mr. Hitchens has written the category killer,” he says, “and we’re excited about having the next book.” That’s right – this fall the publishing world will further cash in on the anti-God juggernaut with the release of “The Pocket Atheist,” featuring the writings of famous atheists, edited by Hitchens.
In earlier eras, atheists were on the fringes of society, mistrusted by the mainstream. Those few who dared to publicly push their beliefs on society, like Madalyn Murray O’Hair, were widely regarded as malevolent kooks. But today, Hitchens’ No. 1 New York Times bestseller, which has dominated the nonfiction charts for months, boldly condemns religion – including Christianity – as “violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism, tribalism, and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children.”
Indeed, arrogant denial of God and condemnation of religious people characterize today’s popular atheist books, which besides Hitchens’ and Dawkins’ bestsellers include “Letter to a Christian Nation” by Sam Harris, sequel to his earlier bestseller “The End of Faith,” as well as “God: The Failed Hypothesis: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist” by Victor J. Stenger, “Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon” by Daniel C. Dennett, “Atheist Universe: The Thinking Person’s Answer to Christian Fundamentalism” by David Mills and others.
“How can this be happening?,” you might wonder. “Hasn’t America always been a Christian nation?”
No question about it. America was founded by Christians. Its very purpose for being was the furtherance of biblical Christianity, according to the Pilgrims and succeeding generations. The nation’s school system was created for the express purpose of propagating the Christian faith. Almost all of the Founding Fathers who drafted and signed the Constitution were Christian believers. Even U.S. Supreme Court Justice David Josiah Brewer, in the high court’s 1892 “Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States” decision, proclaimed what was then considered obvious to just about everyone: “This is a Christian nation.”
Today, however, many Americans are infatuated with outright, full-bore atheism. In fact, Dawkins, the Oxford scientist who wrote “The God Delusion,” is even selling young people “Scarlet Letter” tee-shirts with a giant “A” – for “atheist” – on his website (and bumper stickers too). Somehow, atheism – just like homosexuality, which used to be considered shameful and something to hide – is now becoming hip, sophisticated, enlightened, even a badge of honor.
Here are just a few highlights of “THE RISE OF ATHEIST AMERICA”:
- “When men forget God” by Joseph Farah
- “How atheism is being sold to America” by David Kupelian, who takes readers on an eye-opening guided tour of the spiritual battlefield between faith and denial.
- “Why atheist books are best-sellers” by Dennis Prager, who points out that worldwide Islamic jihad has “brought religious faith into terrible disrepute”
- “Would you vote for an atheist as president?” – on the results of a surprising national survey
- “How to outlaw Christianity” by Chuck Norris, who says 30 million Americans profess there is no God, and shows how atheist organizations are working to undermine Christianity
- “Dawkins: Religion equals ‘child abuse,’” in which the Oxford scientist compares Moses to Hitler and calls the New Testament a “sado-masochistic doctrine”
- “Separation of atheism and state” by Bob Just, who explores the nightmare scenario America is headed for – and also points the way out
- “Atheist sues priest for claiming Jesus Christ existed” by Joe Kovacs, who profiles a bizarre case where the plaintiff demands proof Jesus was a real person
- “Convict sues God for broken contract” – that’s right, criminal claims he expected divine protection from evil, but that instead, God “gave me to Satan”
- “Teachers rebel over atheism promotion” by Bob Unruh, who profiles a school district that makes teachers dispense handouts promoting atheist summer camps for children
- “A rabbi’s warning to U.S. Christians” by Rabbi Daniel Lapin
- … and much more.
“Many Americans are becoming attracted to atheism,” said WND Managing Editor David Kupelian, “and there are real reasons for it – reasons we need to understand if we ever hope to see a return to ‘faith, hope and love.’ Whistleblower has managed to distill a lot of crucial information and insights into this very readable, thought-provoking and inspiring issue.”
SPECIAL OFFER: For a limited time, when you subscribe, renew or give a gift Whistleblower subscription for one year WND will send you, FREE (including shipping), an autographed, hardcover copy of the New York Times bestseller, “The Late Great USA: The Coming Merger with Mexico and Canada.”
Written by Jerome Corsi, Ph.D., co-author of “Unfit for Command” which became a No. 1 New York Times best-seller and a decisive influence in the 2004 election, “The Late Great USA” exposes the multifaceted plan to turn the U.S., Canada and Mexico into a North American version of the European Union.
Subscribe, renew or give a gift subscription for two years and we’ll send you, FREE, the acclaimed, in-depth 2-DVD expos? of America’s money system, “The Money Masters: How Banks Create the World’s Money.”
This three-and-a-half-hour, fast-paced historical documentary throws back the veil of deceit hiding the origins and operations of the corrupt banking elite that clandestinely controls America far more than most people realize. In today’s climate of financial turmoil and uncertainty, information in “The Money Masters” is more important than ever.
This is a fantastic offer, but it will end soon. So please act now, and don’t miss out. Offer good in the U.S. only.
NOTE: When shopping in WND’s online store you have the option of paying with either a credit card or a check.
If you wish to order by phone, call our toll-free order line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266).