- Text smaller
- Text bigger
Attention, WND newshounds! As it does every year, WND is inviting readers to submit their candidates for the most “spiked” stories of the year in Operation Spike!
Every year at this time, news organizations present their year-end retrospective replays of what they consider to have been the top news stories of the previous 12 months. But WND’s editors have always found it more newsworthy to publish a compilation of the important stories most ignored by the establishment press.
WND Editor and CEO Joseph Farah has sponsored “Operation Spike” every year since 1988, and since founding WorldNetDaily in May 1997 has continued the annual tradition. For the past 10 years, WND has invited its readers to join in and submit what they considered the most underreported stories of the past year.
Last year, WorldNetDaily’s “readers’ choice” picks for the 10 most underreported stories of 2006 were:
1. Plans under way for North American Union
2. Wave of murders and other crimes by illegal aliens
Prosecutors dropped charges against teacher Debra Lafave who had sex with a 14-year-old
3. Female teachers sexually preying on their students
4. Mideast terror leaders favor Democrats
5. Manipulated war photos by major news outlets
6. New revelation showing that contrary to his claims, Sandy Berger deliberately hid classified documents
7. Iran leader’s apocalyptic end-times vision
Former U.S. Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos embraced his wife, Monica Ramos, two days before he was sentenced to 11 years in prison (Courtesy El Paso Times)
8. Two border agents face heavy prison time for injuring a drug smuggler they thought was armed
9. Mega-pastor Rick Warren praising Syria
10. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg snoozing for 15 minutes during oral arguments
So join in and speak your mind now. All suggestions submitted will be evaluated by WND editors, and the very best will be compiled into a Top Ten-style report.