Contrary to earlier reports, the Fox News Channel is hosting a Republican presidential candidate forum in New Hampshire, and, so far, Rep. Ron Paul has not been invited.
WND previously reported the event was canceled three weeks ago, but New Hampshire Republican Party Chairman Fergus Cullen confirmed today the forum is scheduled for Jan. 6.
The New Hampshire GOP is co-sponsoring the event, to be held at St. Anselm College in Goffstown, N.H., just two days before the crucial primary.
Candidates who have received invitations are former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Arizona Sen. John McCain, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson.
Cullen said the New Hampshire Republican Party is negotiating with Fox News to have as many candidates as possible participate in the event.
“Limiting the number of candidates who are invited to participate in debates is not consistent with the tradition of the first in the nation primary,” Cullen said in a statement today. “The level playing field requires that all candidates be given an equal opportunity to participate – not just a select few determined by the media prior to any votes being cast.”
Cullen said the New Hampshire Republican Party is calling “upon all media organizations planning pre-primary debates or forums for both parties to include all recognized major candidates in their events.”
Paul said Saturday that Fox News is “scared of me.”
They “don’t want my message to get out, but it will,” he told the Boston Globe’s Primary Source blog. “They are propagandists for this war, and I challenge them on the notion that they are conservative.”
Last night, Paul spokesman Jesse Benton told the Chicago Tribune’s Jason George the campaign remains angry and in the dark.
“We have not heard anything else today,” he said. “[Fox] continues to ignore our calls.”