- Text smaller
- Text bigger
Happy 35th anniversary. Let’s see, 25th is silver, and 50th is gold. What marks the 35th anniversary again? Oh yeah: blood.
The blood of nearly 50 million children slaughtered by a Supreme Court and a willing, bystanding America.
I have an anniversary present for those of you who think the whole “choice” thing is the way to go. Maybe you didn’t hold the banners, but your silence has confirmed your agreement with someone’s “right to choose” the fate of someone else.
So now, in celebration of 35 years of “choice,” someone is about to exercise his right to choose what happens with your life: You have an appointment.
At 9 a.m. tomorrow you’re going to get to see firsthand what all the slogans are about. Oh, not to observe, to participate. The following is so graphic that it is not recommended for children without parental notice or consent (just like abortion).
First thing tomorrow, you are scheduled to be strapped down while an instrument with sharp metal teeth will clamp down on your foot and, with a twisting motion, pull it from your body.
When the metal instruments are aimed at you, even the catchiest chant won’t diminish the pain in your leg.
Then, without any anesthesia, your ankle and calf will be torn from your body to about your kneecap. Then the thigh, then the other foot, calf and thigh pulled apart while you watch and scream in pain. But don’t’ worry; the room is soundproof and no one will be able to hear you. Oh, you’re still alive. Bleeding, but not as much as you’re going to be when your right hand is ripped off your wrist. Then your forearm, then all the way to your shoulder. And then the left hand and arm. Then your torso will be ripped apart, exposing your rib cage and beating heart. The heart will stop beating just about the time your head is crushed. That’s what will happen from 9 to about 9:30 tomorrow morning.
If this “choice” was scheduled for you tomorrow morning, what would you want someone to do about it?
A) Write their congressman.
B) Send a letter to the editor.
C) Hold a press conference.
D) Wear a button.
E) Wave a sign.
F) Talk about all the other “important issues.”
Face it: Abortion makes Gitmo look like summer camp. And we’ve been torturing American children for 35 years now. The body count is nearly 50 million. But some say, “We don’t think it is yet time to pursue efforts to prohibit abortion.” That’s “too extreme.” There are “other issues” upon which we must focus. Compromise, incrementalism, debate and division.
I was tempted to play into the debate by answering the secular “conservatives” and the compromisers, but you know what? We really don’t have time for them any more.
It’s time to stop the killing. And if our pro-life leaders and “conservative” pundits won’t help, I say, let’s do it without them.
If your housing development just got renamed “The Womb” and anything aimed at the unborn suddenly applied to you, whom would you choose to vote for?
- Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama or John Edwards, who would all not only make sure you kept that 9 o’clock appointment, but would make sure your torturous death was paid for with tax dollars.
- Rudy Giuliani – you’d be dismembered at 9 a.m. all right, and he would work to make sure the Republican Party Platform would never protect anyone else in your neighborhood.
- John McCain would fund medical experiments on you and use your organs for spare parts. (Funding embryonic research sounds way better, doesn’t it? Just like “choice” sounds better than torture)
- Fred Thompson would let the states decide whether you should be dismembered or not.
- Mitt Romney spent his entire career making sure all your neighbors could be dismembered. Now that his leadership has wiped out one-fourth of your neighborhood, he’s running for president and wants you to believe that he won’t do that any more. Do you trust him with your life? He also says he’s no longer for gun control, amnesty, pornography and same “sex marriage.” He is consistent in his beliefs that homosexual activists should be allowed to go camping with the Boy Scouts, however.
- MIKE HUCKABEE – the guy who’s going to appoint federal and Supreme Court judges who will stop this slaughter. He’s going to sign every law that protects you and your neighbors while speaking up on your behalf. One-hundred percent pro-life, solid and completely consistent.
All I know is if it were my life on the line – and the lives of millions of my neighbors – I’d choose Gov. Mike Huckabee to protect it and no one else. Period.
Ignore the naysayers and let’s bring this torture to an end. On our watch. In this election. Now.
Related special offers: