On the same day Barack Obama is releasing a new book touting his appeal for change, bookstores are bracing for the impact of another book’s release: “The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama’s War on American Values,” an exposé that promises to reveal just how Obama’s proposed changes would radically redefine American life and government.
“The Audacity of Deceit,” by Brad O’Leary and released by WND Books, hits the nation’s largest bookstores today in a head-to-head clash with Obama’s release of his campaign book, “Change We Can Believe In.” Printers have produced 100,000 copies of “Audacity” already and 31,000 have been shipped to retailers and book clubs.
“Brad O’Leary has written a book that will shed new light on a public figure who’s enjoyed a meteoric rise with little scrutiny,” says Eric M. Jackson, president of WND Books. “We’re thrilled that it will debut head-to-head against Senator Obama’s own book. When the dust settles, we think ‘The Audacity of Deceit’ will be the defining book on his candidacy.”
Challenging O’Leary will be Obama himself, with his book “Change We Can Believe In.” The book is described on bookseller websites as outlining Obama’s “vision for America” with the promotional line, “At this defining moment in our history, Americans are hungry for change.”
O’Leary, former president of the American Association of Political Consultants, is the author of 11 books, a former talk radio host with millions of listeners and the award-winning television producer of “Ronald Reagan: An American President.”
O’Leary’s book suggests Obama’s vision for change, if exposed, would not come close to what Americans are hoping for.
“Obama has written multiple books and no major legislation, but that’s not a coincidence” says O’Leary. “He’s tried to hide his true beliefs from the American people behind soaring oratory promising ‘hope’ and ‘change,’ but that’s just a smokescreen, and one that’s been very effective. Until now.”
Other books, such as Jerome Corsi’s No.1 best-seller, “The Obama Nation,” have focused on Obama’s past; but in “The Audacity of Deceit,” O’Leary looks to Obama’s proposed future, detailing what America would look like if Obama were elected president and actually made good on his campaign promises.
According to O’Leary, Obama plans to enact, among others, the following “changes” to American life:
- An increase in taxes from the low rate of 28 percent under Ronald Reagan to an economy-stifling 60 percent;
- An expansion of federal medical insurance to 12 million illegal aliens and policies that would increase emergency room costs by $15.4 billion annually;
- Health care reforms that would let government determine which procedures and operations senior citizens are allowed to have;
- A shift on the Supreme Court that would reverse the partial-birth abortion ban, preserve Roe v. Wade for decades, and threaten Americans’ Second Amendment gun rights;
- Sweeping environmental measures that would take 25 percent of farmland out of production, choke off America’s domestic energy resources and send energy and food costs skyrocketing;
- A new “0 to 5” program that would transfer child-rearing responsibility and authority from parents to the federal government.
The book also publishes for the first time exclusive polling from Zogby America that reveals the startling contrast between Obama’s political views and the majority of Americans’ values, as well as evidence that much of Obama’s support in the polls comes from voters who don’t pay federal income tax.
Following the release of a previous Obama exposé, “The Obama Nation” by WND’s senior reporter Jerome Corsi, the Democratic senator’s campaign released a 40-page rebuttal called “Unfit for Publication” which referred to Corsi as “a discredited, fringe bigot” and said, “In short, his record of attacks is disgusting and false, and so is this book.”
Corsi has since released a point-by-point defense against “Unfit for Publication”, chastising the candidate’s campaign for filling a large part of it with ad hominem attacks while failing to demonstrate that the claims in “The Obama Nation” are false.
“The Audacity of Deceit” has a suggested retail price of $25.95, but for a limited time is available from WND’s online store at the special introductory price of only $17.99!