- Text smaller
- Text bigger
When Paul Revere and William Dawes made their fateful and famous ride to warn of an impending British confrontation they really had no idea how easy they had it. After all, they were only fighting the British, the most powerful army on Earth at that time.
Had Revere and Dawes been around today, they’d cower at the thought of warning U.S. citizens that liberals are coming to take away their civil rights, equality and Constitution. Likely, had they been as audacious as they were so many years ago they’d be sued for defamation and libel by the ACLU.
And yet, here they come: the liberals.
- Homosexuals and “gay rights” activist groups are calling in to work “gay” as their form of protest against ignorant Americans and their silly notions of “marriage.” It is now said that “gay” is the new “black” which, to me, means (politically, anyway) that gays are the new “victims.” Rather than take responsibility for their decisions to live homosexual lifestyles and assume the consequences of those decisions, it’s much more palatable to compare themselves to blacks and women and, in doing so, attempt to equate a personal, behavioral choice with that of a genetic condition.
- Illinois Gov. Rob Blagojevich is under arrest for attempting to sell President-elect Obama’s vacant Senate seat. Further, as the story develops, the governor is being accused of a number of crimes. He’s a Democrat, he’s a liberal and he came from the same state which birthed Obama’s political philosophy.
- Obama himself now faces the grand jury because of his business dealings with Tony Rezko.
- We have New York’s Gov. David Paterson, a liberal Democrat, commenting to a group “Once you go black, you don’t go back.”
- We have good ol’ Charlie Rangel, also a liberal Democrat, currently guilty of tax evasion and assorted other crimes for which he’s being investigated.
- We have Al Franken pulling an Al Gore in Minnesota. Evidently, Minnesotans must receive most of their education from public schools because no one, especially Al, knows how to count.
- Liberals are currently pushing for a tax on cattle and pigs because of the gases they produce that contribute to global warming – even though the Earth has been cooling for the past decade.
- Nancy Pelosi, ever the free-market capitalist in her own, personal business dealings, is pushing for a government takeover of the Big 3 automakers and the mortgage industry.
- The Democrat-controlled Congress has yet to appoint an oversight committee to track the more than $1 trillion in bailouts. That money – our money – is just “out there somewhere.”
- The Obama administration, working closely with unions, is doing away with “secret ballots.” All votes will be a matter of public knowledge, so a person’s personal political opinion will be open to be public. (In the ’30s, the Germans did something similar: They made some folks wear patches that said “Juden” and tattooed serial numbers on them.)
- In California, liberals are demanding a “Harvey Milk Day,” so they can clear the path for kindergarteners to attend more lesbian weddings, thereby forcing children to be more “tolerant” of homosexuals.
- Under Nancy Pelosi’s and Harry Reid’s leadership, America has the highest deficit in history. Previously, under Republican control, the recession Clinton handed to Americans was mitigated, and the resulting deficit was halved – then halved again. Then, in 2006, Democrats gained control of Congress, and things changed.
- Planned Parenthood, in its continuing effort to kill every child it can, is now offering gift certificates for “services” and, as revealed this week, helping young girls cover up statutory rape.
The British were coming to Lexington and Concord to arrest key leaders in both towns and to confiscate personal firearms.
How ironic is it that today’s liberals are following the very same agenda?
And, as a final “silver lining” note: Gun sales are up 50 percent since Nov. 4. America, it seems, still retains the capacity to defend itself from its enemies.