- Text smaller
- Text bigger
America Online is conducting a new poll asking readers whether they believe there is any merit to the controversy surrounding Barack Obama’s citizenship – and most respondents say “yes.”
There are more than 90,000 national votes in the unscientific survery. A full 52 percent of nationwide respondents believe people should be concerned about Obama’s citizenship, 42 percent say the controversy has no merit and 6 percent of voters remain undecided.
In all, 44 states agree that there could be merit to the Obama citizenship controversy.
Where’s the proof Barack Obama was born in the U.S. or that he fulfills the “natural-born American” clause in the Constitution? If you still want to see it, join more than 190,000 others and sign up now!
Among voters who said Obama’s citizenship shouldn’t be an issue, represented by 6 yellow states, an average only 50 percent of those states’ respondents sided with Obama.
However, Washington, D.C., overwhelmingly sided with Obama – with 71 percent voting to drop the issue.
On a similar note, WND poll asked readers, “Are you satisfied Obama is constitutionally eligible to assume the presidency?” A full 97 percent of 6,000 voters said “no.”
The top three answers were:
- No, if I can’t get a driver’s license without an original birth certificate, how can Obama become president without one?
- No, and Americans should continue to dog him about it through his term
- No, there’s a reason why he’s unwilling to disclose his original birth certificate
AOL readers posted comments under its poll results, including the following:
- No, I don’t think it has any merit. A birth certificate was posted on his web site showing his birth in Hawaii and a story to go with it. Those who are keeping it alive are just sore losers.
- This could be put to rest with a $10 copy from the government, and yet Obama has spent somewhere between $500,000 and $800,000 to block this. Why does he waste taxpayers money on this foolishness.
- The birth certificate thing is just more racism under a smoke screen. You birthers can keep this going as long as you want with no results, just as the “Impeach Bush” folks never got anywhere for the past 8 years.
- Why spend thousands of dollars to block lawsuits that are requesting him to do what John McCain willfully and freely did?
- It’s sad that every pathetic, Republican racist out there is clinging to the hope that President Obama is not a red-blooded, red, white and blue right down to his soxs American citizen! President Obama is a God given gift to America. He has a big job ahead of him … cleaning up Bush’s mess!
- Now isn’t that interesting that the slime states of the left which are in the most trouble with their budgets are the ones who think this thug is real.