- Text smaller
- Text bigger
A video of a would-be passenger screaming and thrashing about on a Hong Kong airport floor after missing her flight has become a wild hit on YouTube – with more than a million views.
Maybe it was a strong desire to see the in-flight movie or a nagging craving for peanuts that made the hysterical woman run toward the departure gate and attempt to hurdle a security guard when she realized she had missed her flight.
She slaps an airport desk and immediately drops to the floor, all while howling in a high-pitched voice.
Two men attempt to pick her up off the floor, but she refuses to stand.
The video, “A woman missed her flight at the boarding gate HKIA,” was taken from behind the staff desk – possibly with a cell phone.
The shrieking woman expected to board a Cathay Pacific flight to San Francisco Feb. 4, an airline spokeswoman told Agence France-Presse.
“All passenger doors had already been closed and the crew was preparing the flight for departure,” the spokeswoman said. “As the passengers had failed to show up on time, we had already offloaded their checked baggage to comply with the security requirements.”
The woman boarded another flight that departed a few hours later.
“We do not know who shot the video or who posted it on the web,” the spokeswoman said.
Meanwhile, the video has garnered nearly 6,000 online comments, including the following:
- I think she is mad because she did not qualify for $26,000,000.00 of bail out money to buy her own jet and pay the carbon tax
- Someone Taser her!
- I applaud this woman for having the courage to act out what we all feel inside when we miss a flight!
- I would be punching, not screaming and whining. But I feel sorry for her. It may have been her first and only trip to America.
- I wonder what she’s like when she gets pulled over.
- If you behave like this in a public place, you deserve to be YouTubed.