9. Clancy group: abbr.
10. They are protected from harassment under the Constitution
14. Kiev’s Internet country code: symbol
15. Voting marks
16. This Act was supposed to protect America but reduced Americans’ privacy and freedoms
19. Liberal news source
25. ___-proliferation treaty
26. Documentation act that has been seriously eroded since Sept. 11: abbr.
28. Economic adviser now guiding our country — in which direction?
30. Rescue squad: abbr.
31. From ___ Z: 2 wds.
33. Cuts ties with
34. Counterterrorism team: abbr.
37. You: Fr.
38. Labyrinth finish?: suffix
40. Darth Vader’s boyhood nickname
42. Health ___ (data for which Congress’ plan may lead to privacy problems)
2. Not answer a question: 3 wds.
3. Ethanol source
5. George Orwell character: 2 wds.
6. His regime ordered tanks to kill students
7. Hides, as within robes
8. George Washington’s dream: abbr.
11. Crazy guy
13. Element 99: symbol
18. Ahmadinejad alternative
21. Vote against
22. Kind of medical test: abbr.
24. Pretense: hyph.
26. The creature from Jekyll Island
36. “___ better to have loved …”
39. Software cruncher: abbr.
Book, new film show prophecy fulfilled before our eyes
Jeff Knox explains how communist ideals converge in both Asia and U.S.
Election ruled unconstitutional by Mubarak-appointed judges
Electronic 'backdoor' could let outsiders sabotage U.S. systems, sites
Arrests of number of alleged drug cartel associates spark threat against U.S. tourists
Tehran says nabbed Israeli-linked suspects behind assassinations of nuclear experts
Teams should 'stay at home' if not prepared to participate without discrimination
7-month pregnant woman arrested, injected to deliver stillborn child
Iran, North Korea, Sudan rack up millions as Europeans 'buy phony reductions'
'It's not about the money. It's an issue of sovereignty'