5. Politician’s helper
9. Vote, for example
10. Orator who gains power through stirring up emotions
11. Canoe equipment
12. George III’s title at the time of the American Revolution
16. After-tax amount
17. Silent approval
19. “That’s right!”
21. “Wealth of Nations” writer Smith
22. Reply to a silly order?: 2 wds.
25. American patriot region, originally: 2 wds.
28. Good ___ boy
30. Chrysler buyer
32. Ex-prez making nice to Hamas?
38. Old French native
41. One of the keys to economic recovery
42. A greeting: colloq.
2. Election reports
3. It’s becoming a popular kidnapping crime in Mexico
4. North Korea’s nuclear-weapon-loving leader: 3 wds.
6. “Power to the People” writer
8. To-do list
13. Military specialist: abbr.
20. Planning time
23. Law officer assisting a government attorney: abbr.
24. Kind of ticket
26. Big zero
29. Big-money game
31. Tiger starting point?
33. Democrat opponent: abbr.
35. Bit of sun
37. Thumbs down
39. Hesitant expression
Book, new film show prophecy fulfilled before our eyes
Jeff Knox explains how communist ideals converge in both Asia and U.S.
Election ruled unconstitutional by Mubarak-appointed judges
Electronic 'backdoor' could let outsiders sabotage U.S. systems, sites
Arrests of number of alleged drug cartel associates spark threat against U.S. tourists
Tehran says nabbed Israeli-linked suspects behind assassinations of nuclear experts
Teams should 'stay at home' if not prepared to participate without discrimination
7-month pregnant woman arrested, injected to deliver stillborn child
Iran, North Korea, Sudan rack up millions as Europeans 'buy phony reductions'
'It's not about the money. It's an issue of sovereignty'