8. Institution forced to buy Merrill Lynch?: abbr.
9. Puts up on the Internet
10. George Washington had one for this country
11. Clean the slate
12. “Liberty and Tyranny” author
17. Cut down, as in government and bureaucratic expenses
21. Went against
23. Night, to a bard: arch.
25. The land of the brave and free?: abbr.
28. Politico’s words?
31. Put (away)
33. He made a ride for freedom
34. They are being lost to overseas workers
38. Private organization with an OK to print money and loan it to us at interest
39. Passing into law
1. “Whistleblower” editor David
2. Citizens’ votes on the “stimulus package”
3. Ballot for someone not present
4. Is it being done without representation?
5. West Wing workers
6. Hidden ___ (victimizers of the people)
7. Uncle who is losing his shine?
13. Itinerary word
15. Poem of praise
16. Word of the traditional presidential oath and the Declaration, but being outlawed from schools
18. British politician: abbr.
22. Think for the future: 2 wds.
24. Old dueling equipment
26. Rescued from disaster
27. Brown bottle stuff
29. French artist Abraham, illustrator of Hobbes’ “Leviathan”
30. Where Obama talked to the Muslim world
33. Whistler, at times
35. State most famously issuing IOUs: abbr.
37. Article variation
Book, new film show prophecy fulfilled before our eyes
Jeff Knox explains how communist ideals converge in both Asia and U.S.
Election ruled unconstitutional by Mubarak-appointed judges
Electronic 'backdoor' could let outsiders sabotage U.S. systems, sites
Arrests of number of alleged drug cartel associates spark threat against U.S. tourists
Tehran says nabbed Israeli-linked suspects behind assassinations of nuclear experts
Teams should 'stay at home' if not prepared to participate without discrimination
7-month pregnant woman arrested, injected to deliver stillborn child
Iran, North Korea, Sudan rack up millions as Europeans 'buy phony reductions'
'It's not about the money. It's an issue of sovereignty'