8. Founding Father Franklin
9. Greenbacks, for example
10. “For Me and My ___”
12. Book of Samuel personage
14. Building partition: abbr.
16. Government’s solution to criminal banking activities?
18. Pick up the ___
20. Los Angeles institution: abbr.
21. Whom America’s future may depend on
23. Military rank: abbr.
24. Small distance: abbr.
27. Big laugh: hyph.
28. Goes against
34. Training routine
35. “Financial Armageddon” writer
36. Notorious Strip
1. Once lost, it is rarely recovered
2. Number of Supreme Court justices today
3. Name for the government’s big spending bill
4. Be excessively concerned with trivial details
5. Polite name for jail
6. Conservative side
7. Unauthorized border crossers, costing billions
11. Gold: symbol
15. Notorious chairman from the ’60s
17. Oakland baseball team: abbr.
19. Conservative commentator
23. Person born in the U.S., usually
25. Tea-party state: abbr.
26. ___ Chi Minh (old-time dictator)
27. Exaggerated talk
29. Eighteenth-century political theorist Edmund
31. Hunger for
32. Falsify for PR reasons, perhaps
33. ___ in a blue moon
Book, new film show prophecy fulfilled before our eyes
Jeff Knox explains how communist ideals converge in both Asia and U.S.
Election ruled unconstitutional by Mubarak-appointed judges
Electronic 'backdoor' could let outsiders sabotage U.S. systems, sites
Arrests of number of alleged drug cartel associates spark threat against U.S. tourists
Tehran says nabbed Israeli-linked suspects behind assassinations of nuclear experts
Teams should 'stay at home' if not prepared to participate without discrimination
7-month pregnant woman arrested, injected to deliver stillborn child
Iran, North Korea, Sudan rack up millions as Europeans 'buy phony reductions'
'It's not about the money. It's an issue of sovereignty'