While Obama’s poll numbers are sinking faster than the value of our indebted dollar, Harry Reid is worried he could lose his seat. Pollsters predict a Democrat congressional loss of at least 20 seats, while the White House and Democrats in the House and Senate mock their constituents, shut them out and take phone calls while they ask questions.
But make no mistake, America is being heard.
Forget the talking points. Forget the spin. The best defense of our freedoms and our free market is coming from … Americans. They’re not hired mobster community organizers – but moms and dads, vets and seniors. Here’s a small sample from town hall meetings this month:
- “You have awakened the sleeping giant. We’re tired of this. This is why everybody in this room is so ticked off.”
- “I look at this health care plan; I see nothing about health or about care. What I see is a bureaucratic nightmare, Senator.”
- “Medicaid is broke, Medicare is broke, Social Security is broke, and you want us to believe that a government that can’t even run a Cash for Clunkers program is going to run one-seventh of our U.S. economy? No sir! No!”
- “We cannot afford this!”
- “Say no to socialism!”
- “Kill the bill! Kill the bill!”
- “I don’t like the fact that my elected officials are running around calling me ‘un-American,’ a rabble rouser, a mobster …”
- “With all due respect, you work for us.”
- “You are going to bankrupt this country, you and the Democrats. You are making a mistake.”
- “Leave us alone. That’s all we ask. Will you leave us alone?”
- “Socialism is taking money that people don’t want to give, assuming that you can do better with that money than they can.”
Here’s one from this weekend from a disabled Marine veteran:
I will remind you. A little history lesson. The Nazis were the National Socialist Party. They were leftists. They took over the finances. They took over the car industry. They took over health care in their country. If Nancy Pelosi wants to find a swastika, maybe the first place she should look is the sleeve of her own arm.”
– At Rep. Brian Baird’s, D-Wash., town-hall meeting (David Hendrick’s entire comments from Aug. 22 are worth watching.)
Then, predictably, Rep. Baird, on the leftist MSNBC said:
Some of the rhetoric that we’re hearing is vaguely – not vaguely – but eerily reminiscent of the kind of things that drove Tim McVeigh to bomb the federal building in Oklahoma.
The awakening giant won’t be silenced by this inane mocking and ridicule. Obama and the Democrats in Congress are pushing government-run health care, no matter what it happens to be called. Whether they call it a “co-op” or something else – make no mistake – it will kill babies with your tax dollars and push our seniors in need of life-saving treatment off the ledge. But, you may not know about how they will do the same to American veterans – those who have fought for us – and suffered great loss. The Obama administration apparently wants their loss to be even greater.
On Aug. 18, the Wall Street Journal exposed a “death book” that’s designed to pressure American heroes who’ve fought for our nation at great expense to “get out of the way and die.” When President Bush caught wind of this Hemlock-induced booklet, he pulled it, but who needs “death panels” when Barack Obama has brought it back?
Imagine losing your legs fighting for our nation and coming back to push poll questions that ask participants if their life is worth living if they’re:
- “living in a nursing home,
- being in a wheelchair,
- not able to ‘shake the blues.'”
Then this little gem tries to induce guilt for these veterans for the crime of “being alive,” questioning their worth by asking them to check off from a list including:
- “I can no longer contribute to my family’s well being,”
- “I am a severe financial burden on my family” or if the situation
- “causes severe emotional burden for my family.”
Barack Obama said, “We are God’s partners in matters of life and death.”
No. We are not.
We are to care for the sick and the elderly … “the least of these.” Obama likes to quote the verse, while advocating child-killing with our tax dollars and pushing the elderly, disabled and now veterans off the cliff.
Need health care? Take a look at an ad with the prescription advice you’d likely get if Obama and the Democrats in Congress have their way: Watch the ad.
Apart from the tax-funded abortion, rationing and euthanasia, we cannot afford this – monetarily. The Obama debt is predicted to be nearly $1 trillion a year for the next 10 years. Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., said it would take 34,000 years to pay off the indebtedness incurred by the Obama administration.
This administration and Congress are out of control. Isn’t it time the rest of us to wake up?
Spread the Obama prescription ad far and wide. Then sign up for the How to Take Back America Conference Sept. 25 and 26 in St. Louis at the August early bird rate. Do more than speak out – train and organize next month with national leaders, including Gov. Mike Huckabee; former commander of the Green Berets and Special Forces, Gen. Jerry Boykin; Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.; Rep. Tom McClintock, R-Calif.; and Steve King, R-Iowa. The following national leaders will be there as well: Phyllis Schlafly, Mat Staver and Rick Scarborough.
Wake up. Speak up. Train up. And take our nation back while we still can!