9) If you like Medicare, you’ll love national health care, which will just extend Medicare’s benefits to everyone.
Hey – I have an idea: How about we make everyone in America a multimillionaire by pulling Bernie Madoff out of prison and asking him to invest all our money! Both Medicare and Bernie Madoff’s investment portfolio are bankrupt because they operate on a similar financial model known as a “Ponzi scheme.” These always seem to run fabulously well – until the money runs out.
Not only is Medicare bankrupt, but it is extremely limited in whom and what it covers. If Medicare were a private insurer, it would be illegal in many states for failing to cover hearing aids, podiatry, acupuncture, chiropractic care, marriage counseling, aromatherapy and gender reassignment surgery.
Moreover, Medicare payments aren’t enough to pay the true cost of those medical services it does cover. With Medicare undercutting payments to hospitals and doctors for patients 65 and older, what keeps the American medical system afloat are private individuals who are not covered by Medicare paying full freight (and then some). That’s why you end up with a $10 aspirin on your hospital bill.
National health care will eliminate everything outside of Medicare, which is the only thing that allows Medicare to exist.
Obviously, therefore, it’s preposterous for Democrats to say national health care will merely extend Medicare to the entire population. This would be like claiming you’re designing an apartment building in which every apartment will be a penthouse. Everyone likes the penthouses, so why not have a building in which every apartment is a penthouse?
It doesn’t work: What makes the penthouse the penthouse is all the other floors below. An “all-penthouse” building is a blueprint that could make sense only to someone who has never run a business and has zero common sense, i.e., a Democrat.
10) National health care won’t cover illegal aliens – as the president has twice claimed in recent radio appearances.
Technically, what Obama said is that the bill isn’t “designed” to give health insurance to illegal aliens. (That bill, the “Health Insurance for Illegal Aliens Act of 2009,” was still being drafted by Ted Kennedy at the time of his death, may he rest in peace.)
But unless the various government bureaucracies dispensing health care are specifically required by law to ask about citizenship status, illegals will be covered. We can’t even get employers and police to inquire about citizenship status, but liberals assure us that doctors will?
And by the way – as with the abortion exclusion – the Democrats expressly rejected amendments that would have required proof of residency status to receive national health care.
Still not convinced? Day after day, the New York Times has been neurotically asserting that national health care won’t cover illegal aliens (without ever explaining how precisely it will exclude illegal aliens).
So far, just this week, these Kim Jong-il-style pronouncements have appeared in the Treason Times:
- “Illegal immigrants will be covered. (Myth)” – Katharine Q. Seelye, “Myth vs. Fact vs. Other,” The New York Times, Sept. 2, 2009
- “(Sen. Jim DeMint) fueled speculation that a health care overhaul would cover illegal immigrants, although specific language says it would not.” – Katharine Q. Seelye, “Fighting Health Care Overhaul, and Proud of It,” the New York Times, Aug. 31, 2009
- “‘Page 50: All non-U.S. citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free health care services.’ … The falsehoods include (that italic statement).” – Michael Mason, “Vetting Claims in a Memo,” the New York Times, Aug. 30, 2009
- “But that would not help illegal immigrants. Contrary to some reports, they would not be eligible for any new health coverage under any of the health overhaul plans circulating in Congress.” – Duff Wilson, “Race, Ethnicity and Care,” the New York Times, Aug. 30, 2009
The last time the Times engaged in such frantic perseveration about a subject was when the paper was repeatedly insisting that Durham prosecutor Mike Nifong had a solid case against the Duke lacrosse players.
By August 2006, every single person in the United States, including the stripper, knew the stripper’s claim of “gang rape” was a lie. That was when Duff Wilson – quoted above – co-wrote the Times’ infamous cover story on the Duke case, titled: “Files From Duke Rape Case Give Details but No Answers.” No answers!
11) Obama has dropped his demand for the ironically titled “public option” (i.e., government-run health care), which taxpayers will not have an “option” to pay for or not.
Liberals never, ever drop a heinous idea; they just change the name. “Abortion” becomes “choice,” “communist” becomes “progressive,” “communist dictatorship” becomes “people’s democratic republic” and “Nikita Khrushchev” becomes “Barack Obama.”
It doesn’t matter if liberals start calling national health care a “chocolate chip puppy” or “ice cream sunset” – if the government is subsidizing it, then the government calls the shots. And the moment the government gets its hands on the controls, it will be establishing death panels, forcing taxpayers to pay for abortions and illegal aliens, rationing care and then demanding yet more government control when partial government control creates a mess.
Which happens to be exactly what liberals are doing right now.