What is the real reason you were born?
What do you think the Bible says is your ultimate destiny?
And what will you be doing for all eternity?
Is it merely floating around on clouds, playing songs on harps forevermore?
The true answers may absolutely floor you.
“When people actually crack open the pages of their own Bible and see the words on its pages, the ultimate destiny for believers is far more glorious than what most people have been told for centuries,” says Joe Kovacs, author of the No. 1 best-seller, “Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You’ve Never Been Told.”
Many Christians already understand that part of their reward is eternal life, and yes, Scripture indeed confirms that numerous times.
But the Bible goes far beyond just saying believers will be alive forever.
“Human beings will actually have their bodies’ composition of flesh and blood changed into spirit and be born into the very Family of God, existing on the same spirit plane as Jesus, and even be given a certain amount of rulership in the kingdom of God once Jesus returns,” Kovacs indicates.
“Shocked by the Bible” explores in-depth the very plain meaning of a host of biblical verses, including:
- “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.” (Romans 8:16-17)
- “For we are also his offspring.” (Acts 17:28)
- “Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.” (Hebrews 2:11, NIV)
As far as what people will be made of, it won’t be flesh and blood anymore:
- “Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)
- “Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” (John 3:5-6)
- “We, too, wait anxiously for that day when God will give us our full rights as his children, including the new bodies he has promised us.” (Romans 8:23, NLT)
“The Bible means what it says,” explains Kovacs. “People who make it to the kingdom of God will no longer be made of flesh and blood, but their new bodies will actually be composed of spirit, becoming the actual children of God in every sense. There’s a reason why the Bible calls us the children of God, because God is reproducing, having many children to enlarge the Family of God!”
And if you ever wondered what you might be doing for all eternity, it’s not an extended vacation of looking at Jesus slide shows and singing songs, such as like “Michael Row the Boat Ashore.” And it won’t be polishing pearly gates.
- “Don’t you know that someday we Christians are going to judge the world? … Don’t you realize that we Christians will judge angels?” (1 Corinthians 6:2-3, NLT)
- “Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.” (Hebrews 2:8)
- “And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. … To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.” (Revelation 2:26-27; 3:21)
Says Kovacs: “It’s fantastic. Astonishing. Sensational. Mind-boggling. And it’s all in the Bible. It’s about time people open up their Bibles and accept the awesome potential that Scripture is shouting at them.”
“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9)
Don’t wait another second to find out God’s truth without the spin. Stand up for the absolute, amazing truth of Scripture with “Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You’ve Never Been Told” personally autographed by the author.
“Shocked by the Bible” has become an instant smash since its release, skyrocketing to No. 1 in three Bible-related categories several times on Amazon.com with readers giving it high praise, and the author being interviewed on dozens of radio shows. It’s also been been translated into the Korean language and will soon be published in Russian as well.
Those who have read the book offer glowing reviews, including:
- “I’m drawn to this book. It is so well put together. I started reading it and didn’t put it down for two days to finish it. … This guy is incredible.” – Peter Boyles, KHOW radio host, Denver
- “Kovacs has done his homework. In ‘Shocked by the Bible,’ he explodes certain common concepts, brings shocking stories and revelations to light and gives the reader motivation to dig deeper into the very Word of God. A valuable resource for today’s jaded but biblically illiterate audience.” – Carolyn R. Scheidies, Author’s Choice Reviews
- “Since the professing church is unwilling to look intently at the Scriptures, embrace it all in context, [God] is using a believing investigative journalist to apply his gift and experience to be a witness to the Truth of what He said and established in His Word. Joe Kovacs is that man. … I recommend ‘Shocked by The Bible’ by Joe Kovacs because of his journalistic approach to the Bible. He is not trying to proselytize anyone to his particular brand of religion. His agenda appears to not go beyond just a journalistic look at Scripture in order to get straight facts into people’s hands that they might make an informed decision.” – Banner Kidd, Torah Perspective
In “Shocked by the Bible,” Kovacs also explains that if people just read for themselves without any preconceived notions, they’d quickly discover:
- “Three Wise Men” are never mentioned in the story of Jesus’ birth, and no wise men at all
are shown present at the manger scene the night Jesus was born. (They showed
up later at a house when Jesus was a young child)
- The Bible doesn’t outright declare the day, month, year or even season Jesus
- There’s no mention of a Christmas tree or any tree in the gospels recording
Jesus’ birth. However, there is a custom mentioned in the Old Testament that
shows people decorating trees with silver and gold.
You might be astounded to find out what God says about such a practice
- The Bible never says Jesus died on a Friday or rosefrom the grave Sunday morning
- Noah brought a lot more than just two of certain animals aboard the Ark
- The word “Easter” has vanished from modern Bible translations
- God sought to kill Moses, shortly after telling him to lead the Israelites
- Jesus did not come to make everyone understand His message, and personally
- Jesus made personal appearances in the Old Testament
And these are merely the beginning of hundreds of facts that will stun even those who thought they had a strong knowledge of the Bible.
“If you’ve never been into the Bible, or even if you have, there’s no need to fear,” says Kovacs. “I make it quick, easy and fun for you to find out the juiciest, most interesting stuff that never seems to get mentioned in church. And I’m not talking about trivial facts and difficult names no one can pronounce.”
Kovacs, the executive news editor of WND, has written countless reports in his 26-year news career. Many have focused on biblical issues such as chariot wheels said to be found in the Red Sea, searches for Noah’s Ark and the Ark of the Covenant, and controversies over Christmas and Easter holidays as well as the Saturday-vs.-Sunday Sabbath.
He has received many awards for news excellence from the Associated Press and United Press International. He’s run television, radio and print newsrooms in the U.S., as well as Budapest, Hungary. Kovacs is also regarded as one of the premier creative headline writers in the news business today.
Find out what you’ve been missing. Get “Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You’ve Never Been Told” personally autographed by the author. It makes a brilliant gift that will be remembered for a lifetime.
To interview Joe Kovacs, author of “Shocked by the Bible,” please contact him.