It has been a wild two weeks since we announced the new website www.impeachobamacampaign.com on the pages of WorldNetDaily. A firestorm has been ignited in the blogosphere, on talk radio and in the media over the issue. The debate has been so feverish that one liberal blogger has even labeled Floyd, “the most dangerous man in America.” We thought it was time to review their arguments.
Most of the liberal blogs ignored the charges outlined against President Obama. Instead, they attempted to deflect issue questions by attacking WorldNetDaily, Joseph Farah or Floyd. This is clearly the case on Huffington Post, which wrote: “WorldNetDaily – the hard-right website that has trafficked the most outlandish rumors about the Obama presidency, including pushing the ‘birther’ conspiracy – is now circulating an article suggesting that the president should be booted from office. The effort is being spearheaded by the longtime GOP operative Floyd Brown, who has launched his own online Impeach Obama Campaign. On Thursday, Floyd took to WND to ask: ‘Is it time to whisper the word “impeachment”?'”
Rachel Maddow on MSNBC echoed Huffington Post as she ranted for over seven minutes about the new campaign.
We expected these attacks, but the more unexpected attacks were from some conservative blogs, the largest being HotAir.com. Here, Ed Morrissey opined, “When the grass roots come together for events like Western CPAC, it usually brings together a great deal of energy as well as a wide idea (sic) of ideas, some better than others. One of the worst – and worst defended – ideas at WCPAC comes from Floyd Brown, whose ImpeachObamaCampaign.com is one of the sponsors for this event. In his speech this morning, Brown misstates history, draws ridiculous parallels to the Nazi era and takes the wrong lessons from the Clinton impeachment, which at least had the virtue of coming from an actual impeachable offense.”
The most disappointing part of the Morrissey comments is his lack of interest in the driving issues. Instead of tackling the real issues that are compelling activists to call for impeachment, he tried to dispute peripheral issues of the process.
These real impeachment issues include, but are not confined to:
- Obama repeatedly lies to the American people when he says we can keep our private insurance, knowing full well that his legislation will inevitably drive private insurers out of business.
- Gerald Walpin, inspector general of the Corporation for National and Community Service, investigated Kevin Johnson, a big buddy of the president, for misuse of funds from an AmeriCorps grant. Obama did not like Walpin’s investigation and findings, whereupon he vindictively fired Walpin to cover for his friend, Johnson. A subsequent investigation vindicated Walpin’s judgment in the matter.
- Barack Obama oversaw the effective takeover by government of banks, the largest insurance company (AIG), General Motors and Chrysler – the bulk of the U.S. auto industry – thus stripping bondholders, shareholders and others of their personal property.
- Barack Obama is actively pursuing cap-and-trade legislation. Instead of taxing the very air we breathe, it will instead, in a manner of speaking, tax the air we exhale, giving the government unprecedented control over the economy and American businesses. Those taxed businesses will then pass the fees onto the American people.
- Spending American citizens’ money, Barack Hussein Obama is running up our debt at an alarming rate. In just the nine months since Obama assumed office, our national debt has gone up by over a trillion dollars. To put that figure in perspective, it took George W. Bush eight years to add $4.8 trillion to the national debt.
- And, to add insult to injury, Obama is printing money like it’s going out of style. The effect will be hyperinflation, a crippling of our economy and, quite possibly, personal hardship on a scale that has not been experienced since the Great Depression.
- Barack Hussein Obama appointed countless “czars” to oversee everything from the closing of Guantanamo to the food we eat. These czars don’t have to be approved by the Senate. The czars have unprecedented power and report only to Obama. Members of both parties are disturbed by these extra-constitutional excrescences. Sen. Robert Byrd said: “The accumulation of power by White House staff can threaten the constitutional system of checks and balances.” Rep. Jack Kingston called the czars a “parallel government.”
- And finally, Obama consistently refuses to approve the release of his actual birth certificate, college transcripts and his medical records. Is he trying to hide something that will threaten his presidency?
Attacks by HotAir.com or anyone in the media, for that matter, have not had any impact on the vibrancy of the impeachment campaign. Americans are rightly concerned about these issues and changes Obama is making to our nation. Since its recent launch, over 50,000 American citizens have joined the campaign and signed the articles of impeachment. People want to use impeachment to stop the Obama agenda.