Note: An image in this story may be objectionable to some readers.
A popular role-playing combat video game featuring graphic homosexual sex between a man and an elf has hit store shelves just in time for Christmas.
“Dragon Age: Origins,” released Nov. 3 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, depicts two men in various sex positions in a secret scene of homosexual seduction.
The game is by BioWare, makers of “Mass Effect,” “Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic” and “Baldur’s Gate.” It has a “Mature” rating.
In one video clip posted online, a player selects the role-playing option, “I want to discuss something personal.”
During a fireside chat, the player’s Grey Warden character asks warrior elf Zevran, “Can you join me in my tent?”
The elf reveals he specializes in assassination, and the other character replies, “I bet you’re good at a lot of things.”
The elf responds, “Mmmm, that’s quite an offer, especially coming from another man – if we are both speaking of the same thing.”
If the player selects the response, “I suspect we are,” the elf agrees to have homosexual sex with the character.
Homosexual scene in “Dragon Age: Origins”
The video cuts to a scene in which the two men are dirty, naked and kissing. They are depicted in various homosexual sex positions, and the clip concludes with the two nestling together and gazing into one another’s eyes.
Demon-possessed child is slain in game role-playing option
According to an Amazon description, the game also features moral dilemmas “offering no easy choices,” where characters must “decide how to handle complex issues like murder, genocide, betrayal and the possession and sacrificing of children.”
In another YouTube clip of a role-playing scene, a young boy possessed by a demon declares, “You’ll never win! You’ll never take him! He’s mine!”
The child is slain, and a female demon with horns and a tail emerges from his corpse.
The game is now available at many retailers’ locations and websites, including Wal-Mart’s online store, Target stores, Best Buy, Amazon and eBay.
Homosexual blogs are praising the game producers for including the sex scene.
“Gay geeks rejoice, all your gaming fantasies have come true,” one blog declares.
A YouTube video of the affair has garnered more than 100,000 hits and many overt comments, including the following:
- Brilliant. Just brilliant!
- Brokeback Mountain?
- I’m happy about this. Homophobes are losers.
- You see the thing is, it’s optional. So your little homophobic player can have straight sex, lesbian sex or quite frankly you could just skip the sex in general. The game is intended to appeal to a large number of players. Not all of them will be straight.
- We’re a bisexual nation living in denial, all because of a bunch of nerds – a bunch of nerds who got off a boat in the 15th century and decided that sex was something to be ashamed of. All the Pilgrims did was ruin the American Indian orgy of freedom.
- I wish you could have sex with the dog.