|written and edited by John J. Bulten
1. Highly dramatic occurrence, euphemistically
6. On a mission, and working hard: 2 wds., colloq.
9. “Blind Side” Michael, and those similarly needy
10. Locale for loose shoes, favored by C.S. Lewis
13. One with the right to remain silent!
14. Jerome Corsi’s high-finance newsletter Red ___
15. Soup vegetable used to indicate extreme satire
17. Black ___ Peas (cover band for Obama and the Salahis?)
19. Version of a law or treaty that is likely to change
20. Modern caricature of Wilberforce’s vision of noncruelty: abbr.
22. Psychologist Rossiter, expert on “The Liberal Mind”
24. Generic alleged victim of climate change
26. Posing less resistance
29. One-time buffer between Russia and the U.S.
31. Uniquely stars-and-stripes?: abbr.
32. Service Employees International Union president Andy
34. Given the benefit of privacy: abbr.
36. Ex-Senator and talking head Patrick
38. Bugaboos for those who swallow camels
41. Facial expression upon delivering a punchline
42. U.N. bigwig Madeleine
43. Member of a group that fought for its constitutional rights
44. Twist out of all proportion
45. Led like Eisenhower or (allegedly) Obama
1. Rep. Steve King’s bailiwick
2. Star Parker’s inner-city restoration organization: abbr.
3. Reminiscent of the gutter, as language
4. “Virtually ___ won’t sign” a Copenhagen treaty (Lord Monckton)
5. Formerly so called
6. Constant troop need in Afghanistan and Iraq
7. Cataclysms of Biblical proportions
8. Where Drew Zahn reviews
11. One effectively insured by loopholes in ObamaCare
12. A balanced budget in America in the 21st century, e.g.
16. Bright inspiration
18. Obscure socialist Baker, inspiration of former czar Van Jones
20. Portions of Scripture frequently walked through
21. Crimescene investigator’s historical reconstruction
23. Noted Marxist revolutionary Trotsky
25. “Santa” who visited Washington in December 1847
27. Typical worshiper in Iraq
28. Site of Jesus’ arrival as remembered at Christmas time
30. Werewolf actor Lautner
33. Commit oneself to the fundamentals once again
35. Oppressive autocrats
37. An “instrumental” part of man’s heavenly destiny?
39. Having seen so many summers
40. Pierce with conspicuous but predictable ornamentation