Book, new film show prophecy fulfilled before our eyes
|written and edited by John J. Bulten
1. Temporary escape from the daily grind
6. Sale of counterfeit designer goods, e.g.
9. Libertarian writer Mercer, of the Jerusalem Institute
10. Kyoto global-warming code that expires in 2012
13. Muslim government watched closely by Jews
14. Muslim government watched closely by Christians
15. Comes first (and anagram of 19-Across)
17. Flame for idolatrous sacrifices
19. Cozy agreements (and anagram of 15-Across)
20. Bring back from the brink
22. Medical facility with a name meaning “eat away the substance of”: abbr.
24. Where the phrase “death panels” originated
26. Stick closely (to the rules)
29. Homosexual singer Lambert
31. Website visitor
32. More dangerous for cold-weather drivers
34. Stitching at the bursting point
36. Arabs’ word for deity, as they understand it
38. Carried an accessory bag
41. Transitory dwelling from which snake oil is sold
42. Chuck Norris’ status as U.S. Marine
43. Shrink back in fear, like an intimidated populace
44. Director Ethan of “Burn After Reading”
45. The Anointed Ones (Jesus wannabes)
1. Those negotiating ObamaCare with Sens.: abbr.
2. Keep at one’s calling with persistence
3. Poetic justice for Orwellian beliefs with incongruous results
4. Passionately colorful spring bloomer
5. Appropriate French name for an erotic performer
6. Rudely insinuating
7. Statistic temporarily inflated by Cash for Clunkers: 2 wds.
8. Agent of government, euphemistically
11. Backwoods and country-town
12. Collects often incriminating evidence of what was actually said
16. Cash cow for Ritalin makers: abbr.
18. Enjoy WorldNetDaily, for instance
20. Taking pleasure from another’s pain
21. At ___ (contrary)
23. Visited personally, such as to instruct one’s member of Congress
25. The original Marxist
27. Skill in which success is funny and failure is sad
28. Direct one’s attention
30. Having made landfall
33. Homosexual singer John
35. Study topic for chemical scientist and eugenicist Harrison Brown
37. Cough, cough
39. Global finance group that sounds like it’s on its way out?
40. Puts color in one’s cheeks?