- WND - http://www.wnd.com -
America: Time to fight for your lives!
Posted By Janet Porter On 12/29/2009 @ 1:00 am In Commentary | Comments Disabled
I wanted to e-mail my editor and tell him I’m taking the week off. My preference? Play in the snow with my niece and nephew and spend time by the fireplace with family. But too much is at stake to give up now – or even to take a much needed break.
The Senate rammed through socialized medicine, complete with forced abortion funding, and we have to stop it in the House. Here’s how:
1. Pray for Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich. He’s the guy who wrote the pro-life amendment that keeps our tax dollars safe from killing children under Obamacare. He’s now in the hottest seat in Congress, and if you don’t think so, ask Sen. Ben Nelson, D-Neb. – who sold out the babies for 30 pieces of exemptions for his home state of Nebraska.
2. Visit your U.S. representatives this week while they’re home. We need to duplicate and multiply the town hall meetings in every single office. Remember, we’re fighting for our lives here. Unless you want government (death) panels telling you what health care you’re “allowed” to get, you’d better be telling them what you want right now. You can find the district numbers and addresses on the Coast2Coast U.S. map. Just click on your state and set up your meeting. If they aren’t answering their phones, just show up. If they won’t let you in, then bring your signs and picket them. You can also find numbers to your local media on the same website. Those would be good to call if you’re left standing out in the cold – unable to deliver a message to those who work for you.
3. Send Congress a pink slip. Yes, I know there have been 9 million sent that didn’t stop the Senate from passing the poison pill for all of us to swallow. But we’re not swallowing its deadly deal. Spit it out – the same way we’ll throw out those who try to inflict us with it. Check the plummeting opinion polls of the rhetoric peddler, Barack Obama, and his Congress – that is soon to be unemployed like so many of the rest of us. Two-thirds of Americans don’t want the government in control of our health care or the rationing that’ll come with it. They need more FedEx boxes of pink prescriptions waiting for them for a final reminder of what will happen to them it they insist on their lethal legislation.
4. Fast. That’s right. High octane prayer – a weapon they don’t have. Have one more Christmas cookie, and then let God know we’re serious about our desperate need for Him to intervene and rescue us from the consequences of our actions. America made the choice of death last November, and as Deuteronomy 30:19 tells us, there are some consequences for such action. They’re called curses. The good news is there is a way to break a curse. It’s called repentance, which leads me to my next point.
5. Reserve your calendar for May 1, 2010. We’re going to meet at the Lincoln Memorial at sunrise for “May Day – A cry to God for a nation in distress.” We’re not gathering to do cartwheels for the media in hopes that they’ll give us a 20-second sound bite. Our goal isn’t to impress the Washington elite. We are gathering at our nation’s capitol to ask for an audience with the Creator of the universe. As we step out in obedience, following the checklist God gave us in 2 Chronicles 7:14 to humble ourselves, repent and pray, to seek God’s face and turn from our wicked ways, it is our hope that God will look down and see enough of a remnant to hear us from heaven, forgive our sins and heal our land.
Pray about what leadership role you will play in this critical event. We need state coordinators who can rally the churches and organizations who love God with their whole hearts and profess Jesus as Savior and Lord. If you are interested in playing a part in this critical day, please go to the May Day 2010 website or e-mail me with “May Day” in the subject line.
We need God. And God works through ordinary people like us. Be a part of changing the history of America – meet with your U.S. representatives this week. Then do all you can to bring the remnant to Washington for the most important meeting of all: the meeting with the God of our founders.
Our lives, our freedoms, and our future depend on it.
Article printed from WND: http://www.wnd.com
URL to article: http://www.wnd.com/2009/12/120323/
© Copyright 1997-2013. All Rights Reserved. WND.com.