- Text smaller
- Text bigger
Some people felt literally the bigger the mess we could make the better. That is whatever it cost, whatever destructive activity we could do against the U.S. government the better.
~ Bill Ayers (President Obama’s Leon Trotsky)
In my last column, I gave a historical overview of how the welfare state was purposely and systematically entrenched into American law, culture and society by the Progressive Movement, the Democratic Party and by liberal pressure groups that hate America, via FDR’s “New Deal” programs of the 1930s and ’40s and LBJ’s “Great Society” programs of the 1960s.
The second part of this article series will examine another aspect of this multi-headed hydra, citing additional history and some public-policy strategies the GOP must implement to make the death of the welfare state a major part of all future party platforms.
Rather than providing the public with a diametrical worldview opposite socialism and the welfare state, the Republican Party over the past 75 years, since FDR’s New Deal, has foolishly seemed content to tinker around the edges of this Frankenstein monster, promoting a de facto “New Deal-lite.”
Enough is enough! Republicans must kill every aspect of the welfare state and return America to being a constitutional republic once again.
Here is how America can kill Obama’s fascist policies, which are designed to become FDR’s welfare state, part 2. After achieving majorities in Congress this November, Republicans can immediately start defunding the big 3– welfare (Obamacare, Medicare, Medicaid and TANF), Social Security and public-sector pension plans, which are bankrupting America, especially in states like California, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan, Florida and New York.
One of the many incarnations of progressivism was The Frankfurt School. This school taught that there were two types of revolution: a) political, and b) cultural. Political revolution deconstructs from the outside, while cultural revolution demolishes from within. Progressivism would turn rebellion into revolution over time. Communists and progressives saw it as a long-term project and kept their sights clearly focused on the family, education, media, sex and popular culture.
In 1922, on Lenin’s orders, a meeting of all the leading Marxist intellectuals and revolutionaries was convened in Frankfurt, Germany. Their purpose was to clarify the concept of and give credence to how the workers’ revolution would infiltrate into Europe and eventually into the U.S. In other words, how to effect a Marxist cultural revolution, kill Christianity and take over the world.
In a fine article by Timothy Matthews, “The Frankfurt School: Conspiracy to corrupt,” the author quoted from Christopher Dawson’s outstanding work, “Enquiries into Religion and Culture”:
Western civilization at the present day is passing through a crisis which is essentially different from anything that has been previously experienced. … Civilization is being uprooted from its foundations in nature and tradition and is being reconstituted in a new organization which is as artificial and mechanical as a modern factory.
The tactics and strategies of Frankfurt School Marxism was followed concurrently by radical and influential American progressives like Walter Lippmann, Herbert Croly, John Dewey, Margaret Sanger, Emma Goldman, Woodrow Wilson, FDR and the Democratic Party to purposely deconstruct America from a moral republic and transform this country into a servile, socialist welfare state.
Some of the extremist ideas created or exploited by the progressive movement to create this welfare state included:
- The creation of racism offenses. (Jim Crow discrimination; President Woodrow Wilson used the State Department to purge all black people from federal government; NAACP, Al Sharpton, La Raza)
- Continual change to create confusion. (Trotsky’s “Perpetual Revolution”; Alinsky, Ayers, Obama’s “Change We Can Believe In”)
- The teaching of sex and homosexuality to children. (Freud; Alfred Kinsey; the 1960s Sexual Revolution; The Stonewall Riots of 1969)
- The undermining of schools’ and teachers’ authority. (“Separation of church and state”)
- Huge immigration to destroy identity. (GWB’s amnesty policies of 2006; Obama’s desire to give amnesty to 30 million illegal aliens)
- The promotion of excessive drinking. (FDR’s repeal of Prohibition)
- Emptying of churches. (Marx called religion “the opiate of the masses”; LBJ’s 501(c)3 churches)
- An unreliable legal system with bias against victims of crime. (About 1900 Positive Law replaced Natural Law jurisprudence; Incorporation Doctrine; Living Constitution; “social justice” replaces “equal justice”)
- Dependency on the state or state benefits. (FDR’s New Deal; LBJ’s Great Society)
- Control and dumbing down of education and media. (Progressives’ creation of the public schools; advent of the state-controlled media)
- Encouraging the breakdown of the family. (Progressivism, feminism, communism, no-fault divorce, countercultural revolution, gangs, drugs, abortion, pornography, pathology, etc.)
Class envy, redistribution of wealth, social justice, economic equality and compassion are the sophistic tactics socialists have exploited over the past 100 years so politicians can steal more money from the workers and transfer it to the leeches of society who refuse to work. It is the successful tactics liberals have used to acquire and wield their limitless power.
Equal justice vs. social justice; republic vs. statism; Natural Law vs. Positive Law; liberty vs. slavery – these have always been the choices of free people and free nations. Therefore, we must defeat the tyrannous welfare state of FDR, LBJ and Obama by electing bona fide conservatives to Congress who are skilled in legislating according to the original intent of the constitutional framers.
Obama’s mentor and likely author of his memoirs, the terrorist Bill Ayers, to this day brags about destroying America by any means necessary. As predicted, President Obama is quickly codifying Ayers’ terrorism megalomania into public policy, which even many liberals are beginning to see is unsustainable on every level.
America, our first step of this long arduous journey toward killing the welfare state will be retiring as many Democrats as possible in the upcoming November elections. The second step will be sending President Barack Obama and the regime packing back to Chicagoland in 2012.
To paraphrase that great British intellectual George McDonald – Out Satan [the welfare state] must go, every hair and feather!