Obama plans to make his 'fundamental transformation' irreversible – no matter who succeeds him
Editor’s note: WND’s first crossword this month answers the call to provide you with a slightly steeper challenge on occasion. This puzzle’s hidden theme will test your knowledge of names in the news and will reward the diligent solver. Some answers are more roundabout, more recalcitrant, or more recherche than usual, but you will find references to puzzle answers by clicking the clues’ hyperlinks, as usual. If you still find yourself wrestling to complete the puzzle, you can always look forward to next week, when WND’s puzzle column resumes its ordinary challenge level.
|written and edited by John J. Bulten
1. Joseph Robinette Jr.?
6. Christopher John?
10. Symbols for everything distasteful
12. Hanging above like a volcanic-ash cloud
13. Longtime WorldNetDaily columnist and commentator McMillan
14. Victim of the recent reshuffle (September 25, 2008): abbr.
15. Steven Arnold?
16. Victim of train-bombing terror (March 11, 2004)
18. Harry Mason?
20. 100% pro-homosexual insurance giant, says the Human Rights Campaign: abbr.
21. Madison Ave. habitues
24. Increase at ___ of (grow by): 2 wds.
26. Myrna Williams?
27. Type of tolerance?
29. Cooking oppressively
31. Irish runic alphabet: var.
35. Revenue streams for entitlement leeches: abbr.
36. Norman Yoshio?
38. Edward Irving?
39. Minimal quantum for hope or sunshine: 2 wds.
40. Paul Albert?
41. William Charles?
1. Glenn Lee?
2. Inscription originally intended as a death sentence: abbr., Lat.
3. Howard Brush III?
4. An oleh in Israel; or, an illegal in America?
5. Dog the heels of, like Obama’s birth certificate …
6. Maureen Bridgid?
7. Reproduction units: var.
8. James Warren?
9. Matthew Nathan?
11. Type of literacy?
17. Month recalling Esther’s feast: Heb.
19. Michael Bradley?
21. Naturally frontier-minded state eyeing firearms freedom
22. James Clayton Jr.?
23. Susan Wilkins?
25. Joseph Yule Jr.?
28. Little monster
30. Obama’s hole-card threat for regulating firearms out of workplaces: abbr.
32. Richard Tiffany?
33. Step in ___ pit (get bogged down): 2 wds.
34. William Howard Jr.?
37. Law that governs both Obama’s birth and state arrests of illegals: abbr.