|by Charlotte Susumi • edited by John J. Bulten
4. Dividing line for seasonal change
8. An example epidemic, of many linked by the CDC to global warming: 2 wds.
9. More like those who judge a book by its cover
10. Climatic chaos caused by heavily regulated sulfur emissions: 2 wds.
12. Gov. Brad Henry’s deflection of Oklahoma’s firearms-freedom act
13. Game-changer as shocking as Arizona actually enforcing immigration law
16. Site of cash-strapped Ashtabula County, Ohio
17. Name for FBI agent Burns, also a “Declaration of Independence” subtext?
20. Natural-born, 35 and 14 years resident, in the president’s case
21. Soy product serving as the latest weight-loss legend
22. Excessively sudden collapse
25. Legalists pursuing a “cause” with religious fervor
26. Affecting with a consuming emotion: 2 wds.
27. Louisianan representative advocating in favor of health-care independence
1. Florida wildlife with a tough hide
2. Russian presidential name
3. An absolutely nonpareil event
4. First through twelfth grades, for short
5. Perplexing challenges, such as facing an “unplanned” pregnancy
6. With full force, as Joseph Farah promotes Arizona’s “common-sense stand”
7. Nullify, as Bill Press mourns nobody will do to Arizona’s “racist law”
11. What Barry and Bill Ayers were already in 1988, says “Manchurian President”
14. Public exhibitions of cultivated trees and plants
15. Handled day-to-day management of a TV or radio station
18. Public exposures, as of dirty laundry
19. Be completely cozy with: 2 wds.
23. Words of the national anthem that Barack may take personally?: 2 wds.
24. Chuck Norris’ review of Neil Marshall’s action film “Centurion”