The Los Angeles Times has attacked a blockbuster book investigating President Obama and his radical connections, claiming the work echoes a movie in which communists try to hypnotize their way into the White House.
The book’s introduction, however, specifically states the work does not echo the film’s plot of a president brainwashed into becomes a sleeper agent for communists.
“Pumped up polemics,” is how the La Times described a series of hard-hitting political books dominating the nation’s best-seller lists, most notably including the new work, “The Manchurian President: Barack Obama’s ties to communists, socialists and other anti-American extremists.”
The new title, from WND senior reporter and WABC radio host Aaron Klein and historian Brenda J. Elliott, has been a New York Times best-seller since its release last month and just yesterday hit the esteemed Publishers Weekly list of top-selling books.
The LA Times claimed the book “echoes [The Manchurian Candidate movie] the 1962 classic film in which Chinese communists try to hypnotize their way into the White House.”
While the title is taken from “The Manchurian Candidate” movie, Klein writes in the book’s introduction the work specifically does not echo the film’s plot of a hypnotized president.
Writes Klein, “The authors are by no means arguing herein that President Obama has been brainwashed by anyone or is a sleeper agent for any international party.”
“However, the main theme of The Manchurian Candidate’s various incarnations – that of a powerful politician whose true past has been intentionally obscured, and who has become the vehicle for implementing a hidden radical agenda – absolutely fits with the theme of this work and with the facts that are carefully documented in these pages,” Klein writes in the intro.
Continues the introduction: “In particular, Barack Obama is backed by and deeply tied to an anti-American fringe nexus that, as this book will show, was instrumental not only in mentoring Obama and helping him to build his political career, but essentially in overthrowing the moderate wing of the Democratic Party and in securing and powerfully influencing Obama’s presidency.
“As will be seen, these radical associates not only continue to influence Obama and White House strategy, but some are directly involved in creating the very policies intended to undermine or radically transform the United States of America.”
Among the findings of “The Manchurian President:”
- A coalition of extremists, including a founder of William Ayers’ Weathermen domestic terrorist organization, helped craft Obama’s “stimulus” bill.
- Obama’s health-care policy, masked by moderate populist rhetoric, was pushed along and partially crafted by extremists, some of whom reveal in their own words that their principal aim is to achieve corporate socialist goals and a vast increase in government powers.
- Extremists are among Obama’s “czars” and other top advisers. New information links top advisers David Axelrod and Valerie Jarrett to communist activists. The book uncovers correspondence in which a communist confesses to mentoring and educating Axelrod and helping the top Obama aide to secure his first job. Obama then later worked with the same communist, the book finds.
- Evidence shows in 1995 Obama was a member of the socialist New Party, which sought to infiltrate the Democratic Party to ultimately mold it into a socialist-leaning organization. Perhaps more startlingly, the book reveals how New Party founders are currently helping to craft White House legislation.
- Copious research reveals more about Obama’s deep ties to Ayers, uncovering for the first time where and how Obama first met Ayers – and it is much earlier than previously believed.
- Important aspects of Obama’s carefully covered-up college years, with new details of his student career at Occidental College and later at Columbia University are revealed.
- Obama’s early years, including his previously overlooked early-childhood ties to a radical, far-left church are documented.
- Obama’s associations with the Nation of Islam, Black Liberation Theology and black political extremists are also revealed, with extensive new information on the subjects.
- Obama’s deep ties to ACORN, which are much more extensive than previously documented elsewhere, are covered. The book also crucially describes how a socialist-led, ACORN-affiliated union helped facilitate Obama’s political career and now exerts major influence in the White House.
Note: Media wishing to interview Aaron Klein or Brenda J. Elliott, please e-mail.