|by Charlotte Susumi • edited by John J. Bulten
1. Timespan of a fleeting beatific vision
5. Mitchell Bard’s “Myths and Facts” book, or Ted Baehr’s “Movie” magazine
8. Adversity, when hot, or disappointment, when cold
9. Resembling stimulus-response foreign-policy moves, typically
10. Nominal presidential host of the 2010 Troopathon: 3 wds., abbr.
11. Just, a la “My object all sublime … to let the punishment fit the crime”
12. “In ___ Danger”: Congressman Tom Tancredo’s invasion-threat assessment
15. These countries each get the same number of U.N. votes as republics (one)
18. Tending to physical or spiritual injury, as bad parenting (or bad theology)
19. One schooled by the Scriptural encouragements to generosity, studies find
20. Symbol or indicator, such as a minority member of a PC institution
21. Equips with tools appropriate to the mission one has been charged with
1. A cesspool every bit as murky as Chicago politics
2. Where to apply one’s all-American nail-strengthening oil
3. Liberal goal for homosexual unions, violent regimes or socialist states?
4. Only a cheap or shabby imitation of the way things ought to be
5. Scary name for the hot air exhaled by “warmer” politicians: 2 wds.
6. Harbinger of the creation and destruction of trillions in New York
7. Like such long-standing Biblical prophecies as Genesis 12:1-3
11. One-man show on the Internet that can let anyone attempt to be a talk host
13. Collectors of taxpayer “contributions” for beneficent distribution, really?
14. What Mayor Bunten changed the name of Google, Kansas, to on Apr. 1, 2010?
16. Name who has been to infinity twice and sleeps with a pillow under his gun?
17. Balkans of Belgrade, who saw Yugoslavia come and go