|written and edited by John J. Bulten
1. Site of a museum honoring all U.S., Confederate and Texas presidents
7. Isn’t everyone asking “Where’s” this?: abbr.
11. Famed painter of artwork from the U.S. dollar bill
12. One of the federal government’s most-manufactured products?
13. Neologism for common apotheosis by color
15. When most WorldNetDaily commentaries are released: 3 wds., abbr.
16. Vampires, judging by their behavior: abbr.
19. Spin quantum
23. Many postteen indoctrination candidates
25. Fortney, channeler of liberals’ undying demand for the “public option”?
26. All-containing symbol of American patriotism following 1773 or 2007?
28. Eisenhower biographer Carlo D’___
29. Indonesian word for “human” that loses something in translation?
31. Where to get best-sellers like 7-Down deeply discounted: 2 wds., hyph.
37. Attention-getting headliner
38. Formative events: hyph.
39. Noted Gnostic thinker, according to Eric Voegelin
40. Intended kingdom of the U.N.’s LOST
1. Thrash: colloq.
2. South Korean president’s name
3. Metric unit of work found in Steven Chu’s kingdom?
4. Neologism for ancient scientific mystery on display in 2010: 2 wds.
5. Before you can say “Jack Rob …”
6. Bumpy European region familiar for glows and horns: Ger.
7. Neologism for warmed-over warmism
8. Rumored inspiration for Michelle Obama’s splotchy Gulf vacationwear?
9. Barack Sr. wear in an apparent 1959 arrival photo with Stanley but not Ann
10. Group whose prez missed its centennial to catch a tape of “The View”: abbr.
14. Where to pick up a frau: Ger.
16. Pretense, make-believe or fiction (also, what Congress calls its work)
17. International Monetary Fund secretary and accused Communist Virginius Frank
18. “Back to the Future” trilogy star Thompson
20. Group whose 2004 study indicated gun control never, never works: abbr.
21. What online solvers are likely staring at right now: abbr.
22. Work (out) successfully but with great difficulty
24. Under Shariah, all laws must be Quranically cited by this and ayah: Arabic
27. Reaganesque policy of sound fiscal management, briefly: abbr.
30. Metric unit for telling how long it takes Congress to spend a cent: abbr.
31. Metric unit for the Resistance!
32. Union that celebrated Red China’s founding as a “diversity event”: abbr.
33. Willfully refuse to enforce the law (describing it charitably)
34. What lifts Michael Bloomberg’s Spirit, if it’s not JFK?: abbr.
35. Apparent age of the likes of the 4-Down
36. Organization that might be asked, “Where’s the draft registration?”: abbr.