WASHINGTON – It’s a script that could have been written in Hollywood.
A trained investigator enlists his son to infiltrate a high-profile Muslim Brotherhood front group, determined to expose stealth jihadists posing as an Islamic “civil rights” group.
The undercover operation results in the capture of 12,000 pages of incriminating internal documents and more than enough data to attract the interest of the FBI and congressional investigators.
The end result was a book, “Muslim Mafia,” destined to make publishing history – revealing the sinister side of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorist financing case in U.S. history.
“Now we have proof – from the secret documents that this investigative team has uncovered, coupled with the ones recently declassified by the FBI – that [radical Islamist] agents living among us have a plan in place, and they are successfully carrying out that subversive plan,” Rep. Sue Myrick, R-N.C., wrote after reading “Muslim Mafia.”
But what happened next could never be envisioned in the imagination of any Hollywood screenwriter.
Not one news agency in America, outside of WND, dared to report any of the sensational findings by authors P. David Gaubatz and Paul Sperry. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
Among those revelations:
- New evidence that CAIR was launched to support the Hamas terrorist group, and has transferred tens of thousands of dollars to a group recently convicted as Hamas’ top fundraising arm in the U.S. – money that ended up aiding terrorist attacks on Israelis and Americans;
- Internal documents showing CAIR, despite claims of cooperating with law enforcement, actively works behind the scenes to mislead and deceive the FBI on behalf of terrorism suspects – and has even cultivated Muslim moles inside law enforcement who have tipped off FBI terror targets;
- CAIR is more closely tied to al-Qaida than previously reported;
- CAIR claims to represent all Muslim Americans; however, it has victimized some 100 indigent Muslims in a massive fraud and threatened them when they tried to go to the media; and internally, personnel complaints reveal CAIR discriminates against Shiite Muslims and Muslim women within its own headquarters;
- CAIR and its sister fronts are funded by foreign Muslim Brotherhood sources;
- CAIR leaders share the Muslim Brotherhood’s ultimate goal to replace the U.S. Constitution with Shariah law:
- The Muslim Brotherhood investment in corporate America will be used to pressure U.S. companies into compliance with Islamic principles.
“It’s like the proverbial question of whether a tree falling in the forest makes noise if no one is around to hear it,” said Joseph Farah, chief executive officer of WND and WND Books, which published “Muslim Mafia.” “Having worked in the news media for more than 30 years, I can honestly say I have never witnessed more cowardice, shame, political correctness and capitulation to foreign interests than I saw with the release of this book one year ago.”
Farah said he has little hope of getting the attention of his colleagues in the news media on the one-year anniversary of the book.
“But I do want to give the American public another chance to arm themselves with the shocking truth about Muslim Brotherhood subversion right here in the USA,” he said. “At this point, it’s time to blow the whistle on one of the biggest cover-ups in U.S. media history. This is the result of either fear, financial compromise or both. I’ll let the public judge.”
Farah said the media have already blown multiple opportunities to “discover and rediscover” the book:
- The release of the book was kicked off with a Capitol Hill press conference in which several members of the Congressional Anti-Terrorism Caucus cited the research in the book as national security concern. No coverage.
- Later, CAIR sued Gaubatz and his son in an effort to squelch any further distribution of the documents and instill fear of the book among any potentially curious reporters. No coverage.
- Then the FBI swooped in and subpoenaed the CAIR papers. No coverage.
- To defend its author, WND Books hired a legal team that includes Martin Garbus, the famed defense attorney in the Pentagon Papers case. No coverage.
- In defending Gaubatz, the WND Books legal team demonstrated that CAIR did not even legally exist as the Washington, D.C., corporation it claimed to be. CAIR was forced to refile its lawsuit. No coverage.
- Since then the high-profile First Amendment lawsuit has dragged on for nearly a year with no final ruling, costing WND hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees. No coverage.
- Farah says there are several scandals in the story of “Muslim Mafia” – first, the revelations of the authors; second, the response of the news media; and third, the way Washington legal establishment is compromised by Middle East money.
“When I set out on a search for the best legal representation I could find for the Gaubatzes, I researched every major Washington law firm,” said Farah. “What I found shocked me. I could not find a single major firm that was not being paid by the Saudis for representation of some kind. Of course, the Saudis are among CAIR’s biggest benefactors as well. That’s why I had to look outside Washington for legal help. Likewise, Saudi Arabia investment in the U.S. news media is well-documented, another reason coverage of this book was non-existent outside of my own independent news agency.”
Throughout October, in commemoration of the one-year anniversary of the publication of “Muslim Mafia,” WND is making copies of the book free to any bona fide U.S. news agencies or reporters who request them with a simple e-mail.
“With multiple 24-hour-a-day cable television news channels, network news organizations, major wire services and newspapers from coast to coast, there was a stunning lack of curiosity displayed about this book,” said Farah. “I suppose it’s possible some of those news agencies just repeatedly missed the boat. Now I’m giving them one more chance to redeem themselves. I hope Americans who care about the safety of their children and grandchildren and national security will take the time to read this book and to e-mail the news agencies of their choice to alert them to their gross oversight in covering it.