Obama plans to make his 'fundamental transformation' irreversible – no matter who succeeds him
|written and edited by John J. Bulten
1. Ron Paul or Rand Paul
7. Plant that makes government officials act funny
11. Republic noted for its courageous, self-denying, undaunted, “gay” soldiers
12. Regularly each and every, before “day” or “month”: 2 wds.
13. “Cast … your anxiety upon him, because he ___ for you” (1 Peter 5:7)
14. Mountain climber’s gear?: hyph.
15. Psychedelic fungal growth found appropriate for topping a “za”?: colloq.
16. Abrogate one’s responsibilities disapprovingly
17. “Sporty” Spice Girl Chisholm
19. Alliterative author of “Return to Reason” and “Barely a Blog”: 2 wds.
23. California city where the U.S. flag and motto apparently offend teachers
24. What TSA sees on-screen, or what it does to taunt those it sees
25. President of Egypt notorious for being defeated in six days
30. “Cordial” Christian Arab-American author Shorrosh (“Islam Revealed”)
31. Noted open-source operating system
32. Largest active volcano in Italy
33. What authors of disclosures often disclaim liability for
34. Asylum escapee, typically
35. Resting places for some passengers and carriers, between flights?
1. Army medals shaped like the placement of this puzzle’s famous names: abbr.
2. Jerusalem haddock or moonfish
3. American Conservative Union bookkeeper Diana, fired in a financial scandal
4. Handheld competitor of the BlackBerry
5. Empire that Turkey may wish to resurrect
6. White House denizen facing challenges to his eligibility for office: 2 wds.
7. Armageddon or MAD, e.g.: 2 wds.
8. Optional hearing stage between Circuit Court and Supreme Court: 2 wds., Fr.
9. Corn of southern Africa that sounds like it was designed to be ground
10. WorldNetDaily columnist who ran for U.S. House in 2010
18. Buick model produced for over 40 years
19. Land where most of the Bible was written
20. Gone at with a vigorous attack: 2 wds.
21. Possible source of redeye in photos?
22. Overtaker of GM as best-selling car in Mexico, according to Automotive News
26. Cube root, e.g.
27. Sloppy kiss, to J.K. Rowling: Brit.
28. Existence, especially when it’s within “reason”: Fr.
29. Senator (D-Wis.) whose “reformed” campaign failed him in 2010, for short