|by Charlotte Susumi • edited by John J. Bulten
1. In Congress, pull the lever opening a trapdoor beneath ObamaCare, e.g.
3. Subject of Israel’s policy of calculated ambiguity: 2 wds.
8. Sovereign of the scene
9. WorldNetDaily stock-in-trade
11. Zealously eager to respond vigorously
14. First name of one born above a tavern in Tampico, Ill. (certifiably so!)
15. Actor Borgnine, one of Burt Prelutsky’s “Portraits of Success”
17. Audience statistic that rises when talkshow guests affirm the Constitution
20. With a passionate and directed focus
21. Eastern rival of JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup: abbr.
22. Sat together officially as a decision-making group
23. 2011 CPAC straw-poll winner whose followers may find a message in this grid
1. Founding father of secular humanism during the French Revolution
2. Difficult-to-maneuver battlefield environments, in U.S. Navy lingo
4. Amendment that lets Biden act as President if Obama has failed to qualify
5. Cooked lightly, and not as uncommonly as one might think!: 2 wds.
6. Where teen Rifqa Bary faced and escaped the risk of a Muslim honor killing
7. Mix up some Four Loko or Moonshot ’69 beer, for a caffeinated example
10. Instance of classically shining wit
12. Possible Biblical inspiration for the Fountain of Youth?
13. A fish out of water
16. Ranking for the imam who would become the Mahdi (the Islamic antichrist)
18. The “last word” in healthy micronutrient minerals, found even in chocolate
19. Deliver severe shock, such as by shutting down Egypt’s Internet access