- Text smaller
- Text bigger
Of all the difficulties besetting America – a socialist president, debt-ridden economy in freefall, a hyper-sexualized culture, Islamic radicalism on the rise – no trend is more deeply disturbing to millions of Americans than the ever-increasing marginalization and even demonization of the nation’s founding faith – Christianity.
And while forces like Marxism and Islamism are overtly anti-Christian, it is the homosexual activist movement that is most directly responsible for today’s virulent cultural and legal attacks on mainstream Christian beliefs – evidenced by Christians not only routinely being accused of “hatred” and “bigotry,” but prosecuted and punished for holding to a traditional biblical stand on sexual morality.
Now, some long-time activists say it’s time to turn the tide and counteract this growing attack on the nation’s core values and faith.
“The ‘Hate’ Labeling of Christians –Why it’s Happening and What We Can Do” will be the provocative theme of the second annual “Truth Academy” – co-sponsored by Americans for Truth and Mission America – to be held Friday, April 1 and Saturday, April 2 in Columbus, Ohio, at the Discovery Christian Church.
Friday night’s keynote speaker will be bestselling author and WND Managing Editor David Kupelian, whose first book, “The Marketing of Evil,” has become a culture-war classic for exposing how immoral and destructive agendas have been brilliantly marketed to Americans. Chapter one focuses on the mainstreaming of homosexuality, and resulted in many TV and radio appearances by Kupelian to explain exactly how behavior that just a generation ago was widely regarded as sinful, psychiatrically disordered and even criminal has been transformed in the public mind to normal, healthy and specially protected behavior today.
Scheduled speakers and topics include:
- “Homosexual Activism: How it is Transforming Faith and Freedom in America” by Peter LaBarbera, president, Americans for Truth
- “Christian Theology and Homosexuality: Why God Has Not Changed His Mind” by Dr. Robert Gagnon, Ph.D., associate professor, New Testament, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- “Sexual Anarchy in the Military: The Implications for Christian Faith and National Security” by J. Matt Barber, attorney, director of cultural affairs, Liberty Counsel
- “Why Should Christians Care about Homosexual Activism and ‘Gay Rights’?” Panel discussion moderated by Peter LaBarbera, Americans for Truth. Panel Members: J. Matt Barber, Liberty Counsel; Greg Quinlan, President, PFOX; Linda Harvey, Mission America
- “Marriage and Family in the Crosshairs” by Rena Lindevaldson, attorney and associate director, Liberty Center for Law, professor, Liberty University School of Law
- “The Corruption of Youth and Schools: How Christians are Being Compromised in America” by Linda Harvey, Mission America
- “The Reality of Leaving Homosexuality and the Attacks on the Ex-Gay Witness” by Greg Quinlan, president, Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays (PFOX)
- “Propaganda or Journalism? The Role of the Media in Undermining Christianity” by David Kupelian, WND
- “How to Be Overcomers in a Today’s America” panel discussion and Q&A. Moderator: J. Matt Barber, Liberty Counsel. Panel: Peter LaBarbera, Americans for Truth; Rena Lindevaldson, Liberty Counsel; Dr. Robert Gagnon, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
Kupelian, a veteran journalist and WND’s vice president and managing editor since 1999, is also editor of the acclaimed monthly Whistleblower magazine. His latest book is the 2010 sequel to “The Marketing of Evil,” titled “How Evil Works: Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America.”
“I strongly urge WND readers to attend this important event,” said Kupelian. “Despite the fact that most everyone in the media is afraid of this issue,
intimidated by it, turned off by it, doesn’t want to deal with it,
reality is that the homosexual activist movement truly is, more than any other
factor, the leading edge of what is literally criminalizing Christianity in
Kupelian added: “A famous quote often attributed to Martin Luther goes like this:
If I profess, with the loudest voice and the clearest exposition, every portion of the truth of God except precisely that little point which the world and the devil are at that moment attacking, I am not confessing Christ, however boldly I may be professing Christianity. Where the battle rages the loyalty of the soldier is proved; and to be steady on all the battle-field besides is mere flight and disgrace to him if he flinches at that one point.
“The groups putting on this conference are fighting in one of the hottest and most consequential battles now raging in America. The rapid inroads of ‘gays in the military’ and ‘same-sex marriage’ and ‘hate-crimes’ laws all attest to this. Won’t you lend a hand? April’s Truth Academy promises to be both enlightening and invigorating. Please join us.”