Back in the glory days of the American free press, reporters and editors prided themselves on holding the powerful accountable.
We called it “afflicting the comfortable and comforting the afflicted.”
We knew the central role of a free press in a free society is to serve as a watchdog on government and other powerful institutions.
Today, for the most part, America has a controlled press – one more suited to making excuses for the powerful, parroting the party line, demeaning efforts to hold officials accountable for their actions and serving as little more than propaganda agents for their favorite politicians.
If you want to see a classic example of what I’m talking about, look no further than an April 23 Associated Press story, circulated worldwide by the largest news-gathering organization on the globe, about the concern over Barack Obama’s refusal to demonstrate his constitutional eligibility to serve in the White House.
It’s a journalistic scandal.
Why? Because this story was written before Obama released the long-form birth certificate he has been hiding for nearly three years.
It begins by pointing out Hawaii records available to the public show a birth record for Barack Hussein Obama – and reporter Mark Niesse wonders why few others have bothered to look at it.
Niesse could have picked up the phone and asked me. I would gladly have told him. Because that record provides even less information than the document that generated it – the certification of live birth we’ve all seen.
Just like the newspaper birth announcements Niesse hurries to remind us all about, this birth index entry would have been triggered by a registration of a birth in Hawaii back in August 1961.
There are several problems with this certification of live birth that the story never raises:
- These documents were obtainable – and still are today in Hawaii – by merely filing a registration of an alleged birth with no evidence necessary other than a signature from a parent or grandparent;
- The document is not an eyewitness account of an actual event – like a genuine birth certificate is, signed by a doctor or midwife, with the place of birth and vital statistics;
- The document that presumably triggered this index entry and the newspaper ads doesn’t prove where Obama was born any more than it proves who his parents were;
- If the document turns out to be accurate, and Obama truly was born in Hawaii to Barack Hussein Obama Sr., a visiting foreign student from Kenya, and Stanley Ann Dunham, a woman too young to confer even “citizenship” upon her child, let alone “natural born citizenship” as required by the Constitution, then Obama is not eligible;
- Obama was reportedly adopted by his Indonesian stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, and moved to that country for years of schooling. What happened to his citizenship status then? And, if the adoption was actually completed, why wasn’t the original birth certificate amended?
In other words, the Big Media are in the tank on this one and have been ever since the issue was first raised during the campaign in 2008.
Look how quick they were to pronounce the long-form birth certificate as legit and a show-stopper on the eligibility issue. Rather than question why Obama was concealing this document, making excuses about why he couldn’t release it and spending a fortune on lawyers to ensure he didn’t have to, the Big Media, led by AP, was actively taking part in the cover-up.
Now the Big Media demean and caricature those who demand the truth and a full national debate on the meaning of what is a “natural born citizen.”
Back in 2008, on the other hand, the Big Media were full of “birthers” – so-called journalists who were hot on the trail of proving John McCain was ineligible for the presidency because he was born in Panama. The stories were so numerous and the controversy so large, the U.S. Senate was forced to hold hearings on the issue. And what was the first document that august body wanted to see? You guessed it – John McCain’s long-form birth certificate, the document Obama has refused to release to the public and has never been asked for by any official investigators.
This is just the beginning of the story not told by the AP.
But it is a story the American people increasingly understand better than those who are paid to inform them.
No worries. The truth is coming out. Jerome Corsi’s “Where’s the Birth Certificate? The Case That Obama Is Not Eligible To Be President” will be released nationwide May 17.
It’s already the nation’s hottest selling book – with good reason. Americans haven’t been able to get the truth anywhere else – especially from the AP.