On July 20, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a report that, in its impact of human suffering, should surely question the appropriateness – no, make that the outrage – of describing the behavior that caused it as “gay.”
The CDC reported:
- More than 1 million people are living with HIV in the United States.
- One in five (21 percent) of those people living with HIV is unaware of their infection.
- An estimated 56,300 Americans become infected with HIV each year.
- More than 18,000 people with AIDS still die each year in the United States.
- Through 2007, more than 576,000 people with AIDS in the U.S. have died since the epidemic began. That’s more than one-half million dead due to the allegedly “gay” behavior.
- While the CDC estimates that men who have sex with men (MSM) account for just 4 percent of the U.S. population age 13 and older, the rate of new HIV diagnoses among MSM in the U.S. is more than 44 times that of other men.
- MSM is the only risk group in the U.S. in which new HIV infections have been increasing since the early 1990s.
The Associated Press quoted the AIDS prevention chief for the CDC, Kevin Fenton, as saying that new infections increasing in young men is worrisome. The New York Times reported:
“The American epidemic is still concentrated primarily in gay men, and is growing rapidly worse among young black gay men.
“That realization is causing a rift in the AIDS community. Activists say the persistent HIV infection rate proves that the government prevention policy is a flop. Federal officials are on the defensive even as they concede that the epidemic will grow if prevention does not get better, which they know is unlikely while their budgets are being cut.
“And some researchers believe it is impossible to wipe out a fatal, incurable disease when it is transmitted through sex and carries so much stigma that people deny having it and avoid being tested for it.”
The Washington Times reports:
“The federal government is expected to spend $21 billion this year on domestic HIV/AIDS, Jeffrey Crowley, director of the White House Office of National AIDS Policy, said at a recent Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation event on the disease.”
Ladies and gentlemen, that absolutely begs the question: Why should all U.S. taxpayers – rather than all of those outspoken, militant homosexual organizations – have to pay $21 billion on domestic HIV/AIDS?
And that is only for treating this deadly disease – not for any campaigning against the same-sex behavior in places like gay bath houses, which remain the highest spreaders of AIDS.
I am deeply grateful, as all Americans should be, for the CDC in reporting the terrible consequences of what the so-called gay lobby so rejoices, in its continuing advocacy of the behavior that is the No. 1 AIDS-spreader.
And for President Obama and his new secretary of defense to rejoice as they force our armed forces to accept the self-announced sodomites who are the nation’s leading AIDS-spreaders is a national outrage that truly should be remembered at the polls one year from this November.