Move over flat tax, it’s apparently time for a flatulence tax.
We’re now living in the age of hope and change your diaper.
Just ask U.S. Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts, who is bringing new meaning to the term “political windbag” after possibly floating an air biscuit live on MSNBC Monday night.
During a financial discussion with host Rachel Maddow, Frank said, “We have to figure out, all right, what do we do from here, and you’re right. We’ve got to get some jobs.”
And that’s when the member of the Democratic Potty leaned even further to the left than usual, producing the cheeky sound of an intestinal downgrade that suddenly ripped through the political winds of the atmosphere.
Ironically, at the top of the screen during the alleged emission, the MSNBC graphic stated, “Lean Forward.”
Washington Post blogger Alexandra Petri asked, “Did Barney Frank fart on Rachel Maddow’s show last night? I hope so.”
But was the sound actually Frank passing gas, or caused by his sudden movement in a leather chair?
Debate is breaking on YouTube where the video has been viewed more than half a million times this week.
Some of the comments aired thus far include:
- “It’s the chair.”
- “Barney is such a stinker!”
- “That sounded wet.”
- “Why do those cheeks sound so loose?”
- “That was no flatulence, that was ‘Ms. Madcow’ cheering for Barney in the background.”
- “You just heard the mating call of the Americus Homo Sexualis on live TV.”
- “What do you expect? He’s a liberal. He’s just letting all that hot air out of both ends now.”