|written and edited by John J. Bulten
1. Leader who predicted America and Israel would remain friends forever
3. Those from whom Singaporeans became independent in 1965
10. Common funding solution to the public/private problem of road management
11. The Islamic Antichrist?: Arabic
12. Condemned by natural law, and often condoned by unnatural law
13. Somewhat lighter feeling, or somewhat heavier sculpture
15. Biblical gamut of wicked people (Genesis 4:19): 3 wds.
17. Biblical repertoire of wicked places (Genesis 10:19): 3 wds.
20. Iridescent namesake of a Wild West “site” of high political dudgeon
21. French designer of a rather pointillist code?
24. Elderly gentleman who might benefit from the services of 21-Across?
25. Any of the Firearms Freedom or ObamaCare repeal states, for instance
26. As unexpected as the White House release of an apparent medical forgery
27. Make sure the YouTube audio matches its video, perhaps: colloq.
1. Coming of age of a young maiden, in a particular culture: 2 wds.
2. City in 19-Down named after the birthplace of Jesus
4. Biblical spectrum of righteous people (Titus 3:13): 3 wds.
5. Biblical panorama of righteous places (Deuteronomy 27:13): 3 wds.
6. African region that suffers the plagues of starvation and pestilence
7. Jewish group that suffered the plague of politically motivated destruction
8. Float and not sink, or reel and go under
9. Realm from which Christopher Columbus was chartered to set sail in 1492
14. Small with big consequences, like Wikileaks, Climategate or Stuxnet
16. Very pungent semisoft cheese bestowed upon the world by the Flemish
18. Refuge, shelter or comfort in a storm: var.
19. Populous region from which Amazon.com got its inspiration?
22. Artificially created proletariat, empowered by “Megashift” and “The Pastor Has No Clothes”
23. 2011 presidential poll essentially tied by Michele Bachmann and Ron Paul