While I was on a brief vacation in Wyoming, Johns Hopkins University’s Dr. Fred Berlin gave the keynote address at a Baltimore conference hosted by the latest pedophilia-acceptance group, called B4U-ACT.
This new organization differs from the North American Man/Boy Love Association, or NAMBLA, in that it comprises not only pedophiles, but also those who are not in that sexual orientation and want it to be publicly acceptable.
Among the 50 people who were in attendance at this outrageous event were two from Virginia’s Liberty University, Matt Barber and Dr. Judith Reisman, who exposed it.
The Baltimore Sun, Washington Post and New York Times had no coverage of this event, which was attended by a number of admitted pedophiles – or, as this conference re-labeled them, “minor-attracted persons.”
Among “highlights” of this conference, as reported by Barber and Reisman:
- Pedophiles are “unfairly stigmatized and demonized” by society.
- “Anglo-Americans’ standard on age of consent is new (and ‘puritanical’). In Europe, it was always set at 10 or 12. Ages of consent beyond that are relatively new and very strange, especially for boys. They’ve always been able to have sex at any age.”
- “An adult’s desire to have sex with children is ‘normative.'”
- Our society should “maximize individual liberty. We have a highly moralistic society that is not consistent with liberty.”
- Dr. Fred Berlin acknowledged that it was political activism, similar to that witnessed at the conference, rather than scientific considerations that successfully led to the declassification of homosexuality as a mental disorder.
- “The majority of pedophiles are gentle and rational.”
- The diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders should “focus on the needs” of the pedophile, and should have “a minimal focus on social control,” rather than obsessing about “the need to protect children.”
- Self-described “gay activist” and speaker Jacob Breslow said that children can properly be “the object of our attention.” He further objectified children, suggesting that pedophiles needn’t gain consent from a child to have sex with “it” any more than we need consent from a shoe to wear it. He then used graphic, slang language to favorably describe the act of climaxing (ejaculating) “on or with” a child. No one in attendance objected to this explicit depiction of child sexual assault.
Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, said in a statement:
“The mainstream media never tire of lambasting the Catholic Church for not responding strongly enough to allegations of sexual abuse of minors, yet these very same people show absolutely no interest in reporting on attempts to legitimize pedophilia. Many in the mental-health profession who seek to normalize pedophilia met last week in Baltimore, at an event that was summarily ignored by the media.
“B4U-ACT is the driving force behind this movement. It’s goal is to reconceptualize our thinking about what they politely call ‘minority-attracted persons.’ If they had it their way, sex between adults and minors would no longer be taboo, and pedophilia would no longer be listed as a mental illness by the American Psychiatric Association.”
That there has been no coverage of B4U-ACT in the Baltimore Sun, the Washington Post and the New York Times attests not only to their immorality, but also to their growing loss of subscribers.