Obama plans to make his 'fundamental transformation' irreversible – no matter who succeeds him
|written and edited by John J. Bulten
1. Hyperprecious metal investment for asset protection
5. Precious metal investment for asset protection
11. Party allegedly advantaged (or taken advantage of) by another’s litigation
12. Efficient alternative to mercury streetlights (but what about CFLs?)
13. Half a game pronounced “high lie” (no, not the one played by politicians)?
14. Where you’d end if you riverboated all the way from the Mississippi delta
15. Disparaging moniker for inflationary paper of the 18th century
17. Bark frantically and with utter lack of decorum
18. Oven where one can roast and toast one’s malt or hops before brewing
19. Phil Zimmermann’s landmark encryption program (bought by Symantec): abbr.
22. Part of the Caribbean’s Guadeloupe and Martinique, for example: Fr.
24. Unlike Rush Limbaugh when it comes to publicity
25. Investment vehicles that can be directed either to metal or to paper: abbr.
27. Public warning describing one of the police state’s alleged suspects: abbr.
29. Disparaging slogan for inflationary paper of the 20th century: 3 wds.
34. Ignore Mayor Bloomberg’s health recommendations by overdoing the seasoning
35. Are liberals offended that this woodwind is not yet racially equalized?
36. “How shall ___ whom God hath not …?”: 2 wds.
37. Cato fellow Shapiro, who wants a freewill exemption to ObamaCare
38. Semiprecious metal investment for asset protection
39. Nonprecious metal investment for asset protection?
1. Avocado dip, among trend-setters: colloq.
2. City symbolic of a Mideast “two-state solution” since 1993
3. Low in fat, or low in essential ingredients
4. Entity referred to four times in the Declaration of Independence
5. Disparaging nickname for inflationary paper of the 19th century
6. “Maybe it’s something ___”: 2 wds.
7. Grassy prairie of the southwest U.S. and Mexico
8. Idealized panoramas of optimized living spaces, e.g.
9. Co-author and producer of the worship track “How Great Is Our God”: 2 wds.
10. Physical property assets, or the management thereof
16. Heritage marker for John McCain, Howard Dean or King George
19. Type of acid suitable for explosives (or for triggering keyword analysis)
20. Relating to the culture in which Sunday rest days originated: prefix
21. Reveal one’s sales resistance by eschewing: 2 wds.
23. Exceptionally couth or very compos mentis: rare
26. Like withdrawal symptoms, as opposed to the dullness of staying drugged
28. Keep on the grill until you can stick a fork in it
30. Hitler’s sister-in-law Braun, or German photographer Bing
31. Invested with moral agency and physical efficacy
32. Bean blamed for estrogen imbalance, sexual abnormality and birth defects
33. Top of the ticket