|written and edited by John J. Bulten
1. Responding to an alleged social ill by making it worse, for instance: hyph.
5. Demons of a 13-Across, especially those found in unattended oil lamps: var.
10. Relating to Obama’s and Soros’ latest incursion of American troops overseas
11. Device that once apparently transmitted the Lord’s Prayer and “Let’s roll”
12. Leader so important he gets two seats in every hall of presidents: 2 wds.
13. One who hijacks religion and personal peace in favor of fear-driven agenda
15. Prepare for an intense TSA examination at a Tennessee roadside checkpoint?
17. Sound from an allergic litigant preparing to file an anticorporate lawsuit
19. Proclaiming liberty for the captive was never meant to require these tools!
22. Noncommunist Gentile who was no social democrat nor trade unionist: 2 wds.
24. Corporatists who lap it up whenever the public gets a good milking: 2 wds.
25. To whom Lee genially surrendered the War Between the States: 3 wds., abbr.
26. Ben Bernanke’s real middle name, ironically
27. One after another, in a manner reminiscent of the spoonfeeding of pabulum
1. A Band-Aid solution gummed together with duct tape and baling wire
2. Enthralls or endears to (another, or oneself in the case of narcissists)
3. New WND columnist and author of “It Is Dangerous To Be Right …”: 2 wds.
4. Encrypted in lexemes comprehensible only to the likes of Tolkein fans
6. Labyrinthine writer; in his garden you may not be solving this clue: 3 wds.
7. Freely rhythmic music freshly blended with acid and house strains: hyph.
8. Changes of pace that typically follow bumps in the road: hyph.
9. Well-befitting the sovereign of the realm in his exaltation
14. Message intended for assuring certainty but that usually weakens it: 3 wds.
16. Protection against (in the North) snow or (in the South) heavy machinery
18. Refined or naturopathic drink for the antitax antityranny movement?: 2 wds.
20. Mitt Romney’s real first name, ironically
21. Situated similarly to one of earth’s largest untapped oil hoards
23. The mission-ready name of the Christian Research Institute’s .org homepage