By Michael F. Haverluck
A stunning Planned Parenthood document that includes radical ideas such as compulsory abortion and sterilization; special “permits” to have children; penalizing parents; and encouraging homosexuality dovetails with some Obamacare mandates, according to a former Planned Parenthood director.
Abby Johnson, who left her position after helping with an abortion and writing about her experience in “unPLANNED,” said the document has been around for 40 years but has been virtually ignored.
“When I worked at Planned Parenthood, there was something that we were not allowed to talk about,” Johnson said. “If we didn’t talk about it, then maybe no one else would either. It was called the Jaffe Memo.”
The document is a memorandum about population control
to Population Council President Bernard Berelson from Frederick S. Jaffe, vice president of Planned Parenthood.
It suggests fertility control agents in the water supply; applying a “substantial marriage tax” as well as a “child tax”; taxing married couples more than singles; eliminating maternity leaves or benefits; removing child care facilities and then requiring women to work; compulsory abortion and sterilizations; and a “stock certificate type permit for children.”
Johnson explained that in 1969, the federal government asked Planned Parenthood to offer ideas to address overpopulation.”
“They did just that,” she said. “What is in the memo as a ‘solution’ to overpopulation is astonishing. And, I’m sorry to say, it looks like the Jaffe memo is starting to show its face in our culture.”
She said she found out something during her current pregnancy that spurred her to try to bring attention to Jaffe’s work.
She said she found out that not only did her insurance plan exclude maternity coverage, she could not find any private insurance companies offering such coverage.
Their answers were not only alike but alarming, she said.
After calling 18 insurance companies, each gave her the same reply: “When Obama enacted his ‘health care reform,’ he mandated that maternity coverage not be available to any private insurance company.”
This made Johnson question if Obamacare is part of the agenda to discourage pregnancy, an agenda that her former employer apparently tried to conceal for decades.
The memo includes:
- Social Constraints: 1) Restructure Family – postpone or avoid marriage, alter image of ideal family size; 2) Compulsory education of children; 3) Encourage increased homosexuality; 4) Educate for family limitation; 5) Fertility control agents in water supply; 6) Encourage women to work
- Economic Deterrents: 1) Modify tax policies – substantial marriage tax, child tax, tax married more than single, remove parents tax exemption, additional taxes on parents with more than 1 or 2 children in school; 2) Reduce/eliminate paid maternity leave or benefits; 3) Reduce/eliminate children’s or family allowances; 4) Bonuses for delayed marriage and greater child-spacing; 5) Pensions for women of 45 with less than N children; 6) Eliminate welfare payments after first 2 children; 7) Chronic depression; 8) Require women to work and provide few child care facilities; 9) Limit/eliminate public-financed medical care, scholarships, housing, loans and subsidies to families with more than N children
- Social Controls: 1) Compulsory abortion of out-of-wedlock pregnancies; 2) Compulsory sterilization of all who have two children except for a few who would be allowed three; 3) Confine childbearing to only a limited number of adults; 4) Stock certificate type permits for children; 5) Housing policies – discouragement of private home ownership, stop awarding public housing based on family size; 6) Payments to encourage sterilization; 7) Payments to encourage contraception; 8) Payments to encourage abortion; 9) Abortion and sterilization on demand; 10) Allow certain contraceptives to be distributed non-medically; 11) Improve contraceptive technology; 12) Make contraception truly available and accessible to all; 13) Improve maternal health care, with family planning a core element
Four years after the report was published in 1969, abortion was legalized in the U.S. Since then, some 54 million unborn children have been aborted, which averages about 3,000 babies being killed every day.
Also, today there are more women than men in the American workforce. And from the year of the report through this year, the unwed birth rate has increased 300 percent, while the unmarried domestic partnership rate from that time through the turn of the century escalated almost six-fold. Since 1970, marriages have declined 30 percent, while divorce has increased by 40 percent.
Homosexual indoctrination also is becoming prevalent in schools, and many times children are offered free contraception without their parents’ knowledge.
“Scary, isn’t it?” Johnson asked. “What is scarier is that some of these things are happening … and they have begun to happen under Obama’s reign. … ‘Reduce/eliminate paid maternity leave or benefits.’ Sound familiar?”
Johnson is all too familiar with the so-called “progress” Planned Parenthood has made since its inception nearly a century ago and emphasizes how the abortion provider took in $1 billion in revenues last year alone.
“They are pushing for no restrictions on birth control and abortion,” Johnson asserted. “And guess who is right alongside them leading the charge? Our commander in chief, Barack Obama.”
And Johnson warns against Planned Parenthood’s front as a family friendly “healthcare provider” that claims to look out for the welfare of the nation’s women and children.
“Don’t be naïve,” Johnson urged. “This memo is still Planned Parenthood’s ultimate desire. Abortion and contraceptives on demand … that is their goal. They will do anything to make it happen … including coercion, breaking the law, underhanded deals, and dirty politics.”
Johnson’s position on abortion took a drastic shift two years ago after seeing an ultrasound of a 13-week-old preborn baby struggling for life inside the mother’s womb before being killed. She witnessed the scene as a director at one of Planned Parenthood’s facilities in Texas and later turned pro-life. The abortion provider initially got a gag order on her to keep her from disclosing inside information about the questioned organization’s practices.
But Johnson is not content to merely point out what Planned Parenthood and the government are doing.
“It is time to fight back,” she said. “I do not want to live in a communist country. That, of course, would be no problem for Planned Parenthood. … They would end up on top in a communist regime.”
Widespread infanticide currently is taking place in communist China, where mothers are allowed to have only one child. In Russia, 73 percent of all pregnancies end up in abortion.
“Just think of what could happen in the next 50 years if pro-lifers don’t stand up against this organization,” Johnson said. “Forced abortion … it could happen. Limits on children … another possibility.”
Johnson offers ways to battle the abortion industry and save innocent lives:
- Spread this message to other people who value life
- Show people what Planned Parenthood is really about
- Go pray at a clinic
- Reach out to abortion clinic workers
- Only vote for candidates who clearly state they will remove funding from Planned Parenthood.
“This memo is real … and it is really happening in our country,” Johnson emphasized. “This is not just a fight we have on our hands … it is a war. Let’s put on our armor. Truth still matters.”