(BILLINGS GAZETTE) — The dream of being a first-time homeowner turned into a nightmare for Deborah Rumberger and her two daughters when they realized their new house was poisoning them.

Three types of toxic black mold in their Helena home were compromising the trio’s immune systems, and its neurotoxins were making them ill.

After nine months in the home, the family fled — first moving into a tent in their backyard, then into the YWCA, then into what they call the “garage apartment” and finally into a new rental. Along the way, they had to discard the girls’ toys, clothes, furniture and just about everything else that could carry mold spores.

Read the rest of the story here.

  • Text smaller
  • Text bigger
Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.