WASHINGTON – It’s the year’s biggest event for conservatives – and the biggest names on the right are gathering in force to boot President Obama from office.
An all-star lineup of pundits and politicians – including Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin, Sen. Marco Rubio, Rep. Paul Ryan and WND Editor Joseph Farah – will speak at the three-day Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C. The event will take place Feb. 9-11 at Marriott Wardman Park.
At 9 a.m. Friday in the Harding Room, Farah will unveil his plan to freeze borrowing in Washington in 2013 as a first step toward returning the nation to constitutionally limited government and sane economic policies – no matter who is elected president in November. The meeting is open to CPAC registrants and the press.
(Scroll down for a video preview of Farah’s plan as laid out on Judge Andrew Napolitano’s “Freedom Watch” program on Fox News.)
The “No More Red Ink” campaign entails heavy grass-roots lobbying on Republican members of Congress, a no-more-borrowing pledge for elected Republican officials and candidates and the formation of a broad coalition of groups and individuals who agree that the debt limit should not be raised again.
Palin will be CPAC’s keynote speaker after four years of consistently rejecting the top spot at the high-profile annual conservative conference.
Other CPAC speakers will debate several questions, including: “Is America still an exceptional nation?”; “From Fidel to Chavez: How do we stop the resurgence of socialism in Latin America?”; and “Is the Arab spring good or bad for America?”
Other CPAC speakers include:
- Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn), former 2012 presidential candidate and author of “Core of Conviction“
- U.S. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio
- Hon. John Bolton, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations
- L. Brent Bozell III, founder and president of the Media Research Center
- Herman Cain, WND columnist and former 2012 presidential candidate
- Al Cardenas, chairman of the American Conservative Union
- S.E. Cupp, conservative commentator and author of “Losing Our Religion“
- Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., author of “The Great American Awakening“
- Jonah Goldberg, editor of National Review Online and author of “Liberal Fascism”
- Hon. Daniel Hannan, member of the European Parliament
- Hon. Mike Huckabee, former Arkansas governor and 2008 presidential candidate and author of “A Simple Government“
- Laura Ingraham, best-selling author of “The Obama Diaries” and radio host
- Gov. Bobby Jindal, R-La.
- Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, chairman of the Republican Study Committee
- David Keene, president of the National Rifle Association
- Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association and author of the WND book, “America Disarmed: Inside the U.N. & Obama’s Scheme to Destroy the Second Amendment.”
- Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
- Michael Medved, radio talk-show host
- Col. Oliver North, host of “War Stories with Oliver North” and best-selling author
- Grover Norquist, founder and president of Americans for Tax Reform
- Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council
- Gov. Rick Perry, R-Texas, former 2012 presidential candidate
- Ralph Reed of the Faith & Freedom Coalition
- Phyllis Schlafly, WND columnist, founder of the Eagle Forum and author of the WND book, “The Flipside of Feminism“
- Gov. Rick Scott, R-Fla.
- Jay Sekulow, chief counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice
- Gov. Scott Walker, R-Wis.
- Rep. Allen West, R-Fla.
- Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch
- Michelle Duggar, star of TLC’s “19 Kids & Counting”
Here's a preview of Farah's plan as laid out on Judge Andrew Napolitano's "Freedom Watch" program on Fox News.