“The Daily Show,” a very popular TV program, recently asked me to appear as a guest to explain why I think Barack Obama is a socialist.
My first thought was “Duh! Because he is.”
I don’t think Obama is a socialist. I know it. It’s self-evident. I will enumerate a few of the reasons in a moment, but, first, I want to explain why you won’t see me give this explanation to John Stewart and company.
About a week ago, WND Jerusalem bureau chief Aaron Klein, the author of “Manchurian President” (This one is such an important book on the subject I am making it available to you for a limited time for only 99 cents!) and “Red Army,” contacted me about pinch-hitting for him on the show. “The Daily Show” needed someone stateside to deal with this pressing question. When the WND marketing team talked to producers, it was agreed that “The Daily Show” interviewer and crew would conduct the shoot in our corporate offices in the Washington area.
But there was just one condition we insisted upon. Since it would be recorded for television in my office for an hour of which 30 seconds or one minute would be used, we informed the producers that WND would be simultaneously and unobtrusively recording the entire interview as well. My purpose was clear: I wanted to be able to show what was left on the cutting room floor.
Surprise, surprise – that was a deal-killer.
People often ask me why I am not on television much any more. This is part of the reason. It’s one thing to do live television, where the deck might be stacked against you, but there’s no editing. It’s another to subject yourself to the not-so-subtle manipulations of creative video propaganda. If Americans eager to see their mugs on TV were willing to lay down some ground rules before appearing, we might be able to bring some balance and fairness to the media.
But, I digress. What would I have told “The Daily Show” about why Obama is a socialist? Here is what I would have shared with the crew if this interview had actually taken place:
- Obama is a socialist because he was raised as one – from his infancy. His mentor was family friend Frank Marshall Davis, a member of the Communist Party USA. But don’t let the “USA” fool you. Once the old Soviet archives were opened up, there was proof that the CPUSA was entirely under the control and direction of the Soviet Union until the latter’s collapse.
- Stanley Anne Dunham, Obama’s mother, dabbled in socialist politics throughout her life.
- Obama relates in his books that he attended socialist conferences and read Marxist literature.
- Obama believes in “spreading the wealth around” not just domestically but internationally – soaking U.S. taxpayers for hundreds of billions of dollars sent overseas.
- Obama became a “community organizer” in Chicago, working with ACORN, the Democratic Socialists of America and other avowedly socialist groups, such as the New Party, whose endorsement he sought and won in 1996.
- Obama befriended hard-core, radical communists Bill Ayers and Carl Davidson, both members of the socialist Students for a Democratic Society. Ayers went on from SDS to lead the revolutionary communist Weather Underground faction responsible for a wave of terror including bombings of the Capitol, deadly bank robberies and the bombing of a police station in San Francisco that killed one officer.
- While in Chicago, Obama and his family attended Jeremiah Wright’s Trinity United Church of Christ for two decades. Wright was not only anti-American, anti-Semitic and racist, he was also a socialist, a practitioner of “Liberation Theology,” who famously said: “We must ask the question, ‘Why are there 40 million poor people in America?’ And when you … ask that question, you are raising questions about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth. When you ask that question you begin to question the capitalistic economy.”
- Which group boasts the most White House visits since Obama moved in? The Service Employees International Union, a new name for ACORN, which, according to former official Stephen Lerner, seeks to “destabilize” America’s financial system through occupy-style attacks on banks and Wall Street.
- Obama taught a law-school class on socialist activist Saul Alinsky, not the U.S. Constitution.
- Obama endorsed Bernie Sanders, the only avowed socialist in the U.S. Congress.
- The Communist Party endorsed Obama in his 2008 primary battle with Hillary Clinton.
- Obama believes “our individual salvation depends on collective salvation.”
- As president, Obama appointed an unprecedented 45 “czars” including many socialists – Van Jones, Anita Dunn, John Holdren, Cass Sunstein, Ron Bloom and Elizabeth Warren.
Still there is more – much more. Klein’s WND Books New York Times best-selling “Manchurian President” not only chronicled it all, but provided the footnotes and the investigative reporting to back it all up. That was two years ago. All we have witnessed since is confirmation of its premise.
But the real proof of the pudding is what comes out of Obama’s own mouth:
- Obama believes every person has a “right” to health care. The Communist Party and the Socialist Party agree. In fact, it’s part of their platforms.
- Obama believes labor unions should be allowed to organize workers without approval being subject to secret ballots. The Communist Party and the Socialist Party agree. In fact, it’s part of their platforms.
- Obama believes there is an inherent “right” to housing. The Communist Party and the Socialist Party agree. In fact, it’s part of their platforms.
- Obama has promoted an open-borders agenda. The Communist Party and Socialist Party agree. In fact, it’s in their platforms.
- Obama has radically reduced the size and power of the U.S. military. The Communist Party and Socialist Party agree. In fact, it’s in their platforms.
- Obama has steadfastly promoted a “steeply graduated” income tax. The Communist Party and the Socialist Party agree. In fact, it’s in their platforms.
I could go on and on. In fact, it would be much easier to find the very few, if any, areas of disagreement between Obama and the radical socialist parties of the U.S. or Europe or Latin America.
Maybe that would be a question we could ask John Stewart: Where do Obama and the socialists disagree? Hmmm. That would be an interesting answer. But it would prove to be a very short TV segment – and not very funny.