(DAILY MAIL) — A young boy choked to death on a sweet after an ambulance was delayed because his house could not be found on a computer system.

Ten-year-old Kane Wade was in the garden of his Liverpool home when the sweet became lodged in his windpipe.

His mother Lindsey Wade, 38, father Barry Ismail, 52, frantically tried to clear his throat as they waited for an ambulance.

But their wait went on because their house did not show up on the North West Ambulance Service’s (NWAS) computer system. The couple have now demanded answers from NWAS.

Ms Wade, who has three other children, said today: ‘We tried and tried but could not get the sweet out. Barry tried the Heimlich manoeuvre but it was no use.

‘We were relying on that ambulance. The woman on the phone kept saying ‘it should be with you’, but there was no sign. We could not even hear any sirens.

  • Text smaller
  • Text bigger
Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.